Software FX Community

Bind the data on client side

rao

Dear Sir,

I have to bind the data on client side.

i have java script function with parameter (result)

chartPie.DataSourceSettings.DataSource = SfxXML;

this command how to write client side.

result parameter having the data i have to bind the data client side.

Thanks & Regards

Rao

DataBinding is not supported by the .NET Client control (assuming you are using it).

You need to make a trip back to the server (using AJAX) and re-render the control.

For more information about how Chart FX integrates with AJAX please check the following KB article:

Q7651001. Chart FX for VS 2005 and AJAX

URL: http://support.softwarefx.com/ShowArticleSep.aspx?Type=KB&Product=Cfx51&Source=http://support.softwarefx.com/kb/765/1/001.htm?_r=1

No.

When you refer to the chart in the client, are you referring to the .NET Client control or are you generating an image? In the later case, there is no chart object in the client, everything is done server side. You can send the JSON object to the server via AJAX (as explained in the KB article above), desirialize it inot CLR objects and then have the chart read form these objects. The Client control does expose an API for setting data (Chart.Data) that you can use to loop through your Javascript objects and assign data to the chart.