Software FX Community

Failed to map the path '/chartfx62/temp'.

ChartFXNewbie

Hi,

I am new to ChartFX, I am using ChartFX for .NET 6.2.  I am attempting to add a chart into my website that has been created using ASP.NET, the data that will be supplied to the chart comes from an Oracle database.  I am having a problem getting the chart to work when I run the web page with the chart in it I get the following error;

Failed to map the path '/chartfx62/temp'.

I have no clue as to what the error means and cannot find any help in the documentation.  The dev environment is Visual Studio 2005 on XP.  After using the wizard to format the chart I then create the connection to the datasource and set the query.  Once the connection to the database has been set I then use the following code;

Chart1.DataSource = SqlDataSource1;

Chart1.DataBind();

Where Chart1 is the name of the chart and SqlDataSource1 is the name of the database connection.

I am not sure if there is more code that I have to add or it is something that has went wrong during set up (this may be a possibility as it has not work since set up although there were no problems during installation). 

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Apologies,

Having looked in greater depth I have found a solution to the problem I was having above,

http://community.softwarefx.com/forums/t/7843.aspx

I was trying to run the chart using the embedded webserver and not the IIS.

However having now got the chart to display there seems to be a problem with the data in the chart, it does not match the sql query that I am running, a simple example would be that I limit the number or rows returned from database to 3 and more than 3 entries are displayed in the chart.  Can anyone please point me to an example of how to set the data (properly) that is entered into the chart.

Again any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Thank you for your response,

Yes I was using Visual Studio ASP.NET Web Server which was the cause of the problem, apologies I had sent a post as soon as I found this information on the forum. 

However I got another problem once I have got the chart displaying on screen.  The problem I am having is that the chart appears to be displaying random data even though, I believe, I have assigned a valid data source to it.  I think that the problem may be down to the way I have assigned the data source to the chart, which I have done as follows.

After creating the chart (Chart1) using the wizard, and the data source (SqlDataSource1), I use the following code to assign the data source to the chart;

Chart1.DataSource = SqlDataSource1;

Chart1.DataBind();

That is all the code that I have used to assign the data source to the chart, is this correct or is more code required?  Unfortunately I cannot access the help section of ChartFX as it complains that I require MS Help 2.0 - which I believe I have.

Are there any links that any one knows of that give examples of connecting a chart to an Oracle data source?  I am using C# code behind my ASP.NET pages.

Any help would be gratefully receieved.

Regards.

> Unfortunately I cannot access the help section of ChartFX as it complains that I require MS Help 2.0 - which I believe I have.

Please contact tech. support to resolve this issue. It would be next to impossible to use Chart FX without its documentation. The documentation (including samples) can also be found online at:

support.softwarefx.com

Because Chart FX 6.2 is a .NET 1.1 control, it doesn't know how to read from the new SqlDataSource control. You need to add the following code:

DataView view = (DataView)SqlDataSource1.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty);

DataTable table = view.ToTable();

Chart1.DataSource = table;

The fact that you are using older Chart FX 6.2 in the newer Visual Studio makes everything a little more difficult because the products are not designed to work together. If this is a new project you are starting I strongly recommend you take a look at Chart FX 7. The whole DataBinding paradigm changed dramatically from ASP .NET 1.1 (VS 2003) and ASP.NET 2.0 (VS 2005)