Software FX Community

out-map: setting default values

marco.shaw

I'm testing something simple like:

PS C:\> gc country.csvCountry,PointsU.S.A.,20Canada,10

And using out-map:

[line wrapping might be an issue with this post]

PS C:\> import-csv country.csv|out-map -values Points -label Country -mapsource World\WorldCountries -conditionalAttributes_0_condition_from 1 -conditionalAttributes_0_condition_to 1000 -conditionalAttributes_0_Color Red -conditionalAttributes_0_Text "1 to 1000" -defaultAttributes_Color Gray

This gives me kind of what I want...  A default color to all the countries not in country.csv, *but*, I'd also want a corresponding entry in the legend box that perhaps says something like "No entries" associated with the color gray.

I tried this:

PS C:\> import-csv country.csv|out-map -values Points -label Country -mapsource World\WorldCountries -conditionalAttributes_0_condition_from 1 -conditionalAttributes_0_condition_to 1000 -conditionalAttributes_0_Color Red -conditionalAttributes_0_Text "1 to 1000" -defaultAttributes_Color Gray -conditionalAttributes_1_condition_from 0 -conditionalAttributes_1_condition_to 0 -conditionalAttributes_1_Color Gray -conditionalAttributes_1_Text "No entries"

But the thing is with the above...  If I mouse-over the "1 to 1000" category in the legeng, all the other entries remain Gray.  I want to be able to rollover the "1 to 1000" category, and have the default Gray change to a shade of white (like how the Red changes color if I mouse-over the "No entries" entry in the legend).

Can I do this?  I realize I could just add a "0" to every country in my country.csv file, but I'm lazy...