Software FX Community

simple connection problem

jsk144

For some reason I cannot connect to SQL Server. The database names do not populate even tho i can see the sql server in the server name dropdown list. I am using windows authentication login and typing in a known database on the server and get "invalid object name 'sys.sysdatabases'".

I can connect using ODBC and  OLEDb connection strings. And oddly enough the databases appear in the "use data source name" drop downlist, in the connection tab of the data link properties, but not in the main SQL Server - "connect gadget to data".

Any one have any ideas?

- JK

For some reason I cannot connect to SQL Server. The database names do not populate even tho i can see the sql server in the server name dropdown list. I am using windows authentication login and typing in a known database on the server and get "invalid object name 'sys.sysdatabases'".

I have SQL Server Express 2005.  Seems this is the path to that object: "Databases\System Databases\master\Views\System Views\sys.databases".  You may want to confirm that exists, and what the permissions are on it.