Software FX Community

Gadgets don't work when I pipe output first.

eBuddha

Any time I pipe output into anything other than a powergadget cmdlt it just hangs.  For example this works fine:

PS | out-chart

Where this will fail:

PS | where {$_.Company -like "*Microsoft*"} | out-chart

Powershell just sits there after executing the command, but never goes back to the prompt.  It works this way with every Powergadget any time I pipe output before sending it to a Powergadget.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled .NET, Powershell, and Powergadgets. Any ideas?

There is a missing close quote in your pipe (after Microsoft*). First, I tried your line and got a >> symbol from PowerShell, which indicated that the line was not complete for execution. Then I realized about the missing quote and tried the following, which works fine for me:

PS | where {$_.Company -like "*Microsoft*"} | out-chart

I also tried your line without piping to out-chart, with the same results (>>): PS | where {$_.Company -like "*Microsoft*}

IvanG

The email has been sent.  How was I able to download this "interim" version just the other night?  Shouldn't this be removed and replaced with the proper version?  That is a pretty major bug, and the version I downloaded was the only one available on your page.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

e-