Software FX Community

Urgent help Mouse Click not firing

JamesMichaelWest

I have a chart placed on a webform. When setting the HtmlTag to .NET I the click event never fires. If I change the tag to Image then it does fire, and the point and series change, but the value is always 0.

Here are some of the steps that has got me to this point:

I've added the chw mime type in IIS.

I have had a ChartFX.Internet.Config file with the sample values in it, but have removed that from the bin folder as it did not seem to make a difference one way or another.

I've set MainClient to both true and false. In one combination of it and EmbeddedData IE 7 had to restart. Although after the service pack install this may have been fixed.

What do I need to do to get this up and running? Current Code below

/***********************************************************/

<ChartFX:Chart ID="ChartControl" runat="server" OnClick="ChartControl_Click" HtmlTag=".NET"

MainClient="false" Height="80%" Width="80%" Scrollable="True">

</ChartFX:Chart>

/***********************************************************/

ChartControl.AxisX.Gridlines = true;

ChartControl.AxisX.Grid.Color =

Color.Black;ChartControl.AxisX.MinorGridlines = true;ChartControl.AxisX.MinorGrid.Color = Color.Black;

ChartControl.TabIndex = 0;

GradientBackground gradientBackground1 = new GradientBackground();ImageBorder imageBorder1 = new ImageBorder(ImageBorderType.Butterfly);

ChartControl.Titles.Clear();

ChartControl.Titles.AddRange(

new TitleDockable[] {_mainChartTitle, _subChartTitle});ChartControl.LineStyle = DashStyle.Solid;

ChartControl.LegendBox =

false;ChartControl.SerLegBox = true;ChartControl.Chart3D = true;

gradientBackground1.Type = GradientType.ForwardDiagonal;

ChartControl.BackObject = gradientBackground1;

imageBorder1.Color = Color.FromArgb(255, 199, 0);

ChartControl.DataEditorObj.Interlaced =

Interlaced.Horizontal;ChartControl.DataEditorObj.ToolBorder = ToolBorder.Internal;

ChartControl.InsideColor =

Color.Transparent;

ChartControl.SerLegBoxObj.ToolBorder =

ToolBorder.Internal;

ChartControl.AxisX.LabelsFormat.Format = AxisFormat.DateTime;ChartControl.AxisX.LabelsFormat.CustomFormat = "hh:mm";

ChartControl.AxisX.Step = (1/(24*60))*5;

ChartControl.AxisX.MinorStep = 1/(24.0*60);

// 1 minute

ChartControl.Gallery = Gallery.Lines;

ChartControl.Stacked =

Stacked.No;ChartControl.MarkerShape = MarkerShape.None;

ChartControl.LineWidth = 4;

ChartControl.Titles[0].Text = "Batch Uploads";ChartControl.Titles[0].Font = new Font("Verdana", 9);

ChartControl.AxisY.LabelsFormat.Decimals = 0;

ChartControl.AxisY.Gridlines =

true;ChartControl.Series[0].Color = Color.FromArgb(200, Color.Red);

ChartControl.Series[0].Legend =

"Calls";ChartControl.Series[1].Color = Color.FromArgb(200, Color.Yellow);

ChartControl.Series[1].Legend =

"Timeouts";

In order for the client control to call an event on the server or fire a JavaAscript it requires FullTrust. Make sure your .NET settings are set so that the client control has full trust. Here is some additional info:

Q6141001. Security settings required by the .NET client control

URL: http://support.softwarefx.com/ShowArticle.aspx?Type=KB&Product=CfxNet70&Source=http://support.softwarefx.com/kb/614/1/001.htm?_r=1

Thanks for your help, I've set my trust level to full trust for localhost and medium for .net internet. I'm still not capturing the click event though. That is, I'm not capturing the event when using the .Net client. I can catch the event server side when the HtmlTag is set to Image. Although, in that case, I do not get the value from the event args, just the series and point numbers (possibly because I'm binding to a datatable?). With the .Net client, the data editor, toolbar, etc are all showing up, I just can not get to the events.

Not that it needs to be cross broswer compatible (I only need this in IE 7) but in FireFox the chart does not show up at all as the .NetClient. I am can debug other .net events and such in Firefox though. The image of couse still shows up.

> I've set my trust level to full trust for localhost and medium for .net internet

Which zone is your page running from? What does the bowser says on the bottom-right?

> Although, in that case, I do not get the value from the event args

What value? With the series and point index you can obtain the value for that point.

> but in FireFox the chart does not show up at all as the .NetClient

Firefox doesn't support .NET clients. Only IE on Windows does.

OK great I'll scratch Firefox off the list, just wanted to give you enough info.

In the bottom right hand corner there is a green checkmark, Trusted Sites | Protected Mode Off.

The value that I was speaking of is one of the properties of the

MouseEventArgsX. But if I can get to the value from the series and point then I'm good there.