Software FX Community

Modifying the formatting for Pie Chart Values

User (Legacy)

• 4 years later...

What a way to raise up a dead issue, huh? Oh well, here goes...

So, I'm new to this new ChartFX stuff, and I've been trying to format my numbers also.  I've been looking around a bunch, but there isn't that much support for displaying just 2 decimals.  (i.e. the reply for the original question was not.. lets say complete, and the formatting examples in the documentation only covers Scientific Notation and date formatting)

So, here is what I've attempted and am only getting results with 3 decimals showing (which seems to be the standard format...)

CultureInfor ci = new CultureInfor("en-us");ci.NumberFormat.NumberNegativePattern = 2;Chart TheChart = new Chart();//TheChart.AxisX.LabelsFormat.FormatNumber(1.0);TheChart.AxisX.LabelsFormat.Decimals = 2;TheChart.AxisX.LabelsFormat.Format = AxisFormat.Number;

Thank you for your help in advance.Grorange

Well, nevermind.  I'm an idiot.  Don't worry, my co-workers have already taken me in the back and beaten me for this.

So, my requirements are different.  We need to use decimal points for the x-axis values.  However, ChartFX only allows integer values on the X axis.  So I have to use labels instead and print the decimal representative of the number we are actually using.  This complicates things because now we have 2 layers of numbers, the index and the represented value.

Because this doesn't directly apply here, I'll create a new thread to address my questions.

Thanks anyway,Grorange

Archived