Software FX Community

Line Chart in Staked Chart

patelajk

Hi

I am trying to get a line chart onto stacked chart and am struggling.

I am using the cross data provider to group some data together.

This is what I have so far:

I have created a SQLDatasource linked to my stored procedure.

I am using the code below to create my stacked chart (which works fine):

{   if (!Page.IsPostBack) {   Chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("Num_Deals", FieldUsage.Value));   Chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("BuyoutExitType", FieldUsage.ColumnHeading));   Chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("Heading", FieldUsage.RowHeading));   }     td.Font = new Font("Arial", 8, FontStyle.Bold);   td.TextColor = Color.FromArgb(4, 115, 145);   Chart1.Titles.Clear();   td.Text = "PE-backed Exits by Exit Type: Q1 2008-present";   Chart1.Titles.Add(td);     // THIS IS THE BAR CHART (Num_Deals)   Chart1.AllSeries.Gallery = Gallery.Bar;   Chart1.AllSeries.Stacked = Stacked.Normal;   Chart1.Series(0).AxisY.Title.Text = "Number of Deals";     Chart1.LegendBox.Dock = DockArea.Bottom;     Chart1.DataSourceID = "SqlDataSource1";}

Chart Code:

<chartfx7:Chart ID="Chart1" runat="server" Height="500" Width="700" ContextMenus="false">   <SpecialObjects>     <chartfx.webforms.dataproviders.crosstabdataprovider assemblyname="ChartFX.WebForms.Data">     </chartfx.webforms.dataproviders.crosstabdataprovider>   </SpecialObjects></chartfx7:Chart>

How do I get a line graph in here as well. I tried adding my database field (which I wish to chart as a line) as a new field map but then chart fx seems to chart that as a stacked chart rather than creating a new line chart.

I am at my wits end here so any help would be great

Thanks

Because you are using crosstab, the number of series will be dependant on your data.

You want to add a line to this chart, but where is the data form the line comming from? The same cross-tab?

If the data is comming from somewhere else, waht you need to do is let Chart FX do its crosstab magic and after the data is read (you can call chart.DataSourceSettings.ReadData to force a read), then you can add one more series to the chart and use the data API to set the values to this new series (last).