Software FX Community

Bounding Box

dmccollough

You can achieve this with the Annotation toolbar. With this toolbar you can add rectangles, circles, polygons, balloons and text annotations over the chart. To show dashes, just right click over the annotation added select "Line Style" and change it to dashed. Annotation toolbar is part of Chart FX Annotation Extension. You can get more information about this and more funtionalities of the annotations in the Resource Center at http://support.softwarefx.com/SupportDocTree.aspx?Prod=CfxNet70&Type=P. There, you can see code and samples for annotations.

Juan,

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I'm being a little dense, but I don't see how this even comes close to solving my problem. What I would like to do is draw a bounding box around an area of the screen and have it take some action on the points contained within that box. Like once I'm done drawing the box have an event fire that in turn would somehow give me all of the points contained within the box that the user drew.

I don't suppose somebody there could put together an example for me ?

I have been working on this for several days and am not really accomplishing anything.

• 1 year later...