Software FX Community

upgrading from 6.2 to 7.0

sachinj

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We are in the process of upgrading our application from Chart FX  .Net (v6.2) to v 7.0. We are doing the migration using the ChartFX.WebForms.Wrapper assembly. I have renamed all the instances of ChartFX.Internet to ChartFX.Wrapper.Internet. I have also renamed all the other function calls. The code is now compiling without any error. However, the output that we get has lot of junk at the top.

Previously, it didn

What you are seeing is some HTML elements that are part of the AJAX UI but should be hidden from view.

Looks like the styles includded to make these elements not vissible is missing from your page. This AJAX functionality is new in Chart FX 7.

My gues as to why this is happening is that you are rendering the chart incorrectly. Do you have it at design-time inside the form or are you manually rendering it?

You can dissable all AJAX functionality by doing:

chart.ImageSettings.Interactive = false;

Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding to me. We are creating the chart Manually and are not creating it via design time support. We are using only the wrapper class for migrating our code.  It does not support the function ImageSettings.

Please let me know the correct way for rendering the chart or if I can provide more information.

Thanks.

Sachinhere is the sample code:

using SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Wrapper;using SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Wrapper.Internet.Server;

protected SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Wrapper.Internet.Server.Chart InvChart;InvChart.Width=INV_CHART_WIDTH;InvChart.TopGap=CHART_GAP_TOP;InvChart.BottomGap=CHART_GAP_BOTTOM;InvChart.RightGap=CHART_GAP_RIGHT;InvChart.LeftGap=CHART_GAP_LEFT;InvChart.BorderObject = new DefaultBorder(BorderType.None);InvChart.Titles[0].Text="";InvChart.AxisX.Title.Text="";InvChart.AxisY.Title.Text="";InvChart.AxisY2.Title.Text="";InvChart.UserLegendBox = false;InvChart.SerLegBox = false;

InvChart.Visible=

true;InvChart.ToolBar = false;InvChart.MenuBar = false;InvChart.HtmlTag = "jpeg";InvChart.ImageSettings.Interactive = false; // This statement gives compile time error indicating ImageSetting not found in the wrapper classInvChart.ClearData(ClearDataFlag.AllData);InvChart.Titles[0].Text = "Inventory";InvChart.AxisX.Title.Text = "Log Date";InvChart.AxisY.Title.Text = "Quantity (" + m_Units + ")";InvChart.AxisY.LabelsFormat.CustomFormat = "0";InvChart.AxisX.LabelsFormat.Format = AxisFormat.Date;InvChart.SerLegBox=true;InvChart.SerLegBoxObj.Docked = Docked.Top;InvChart.MarkerShape = MarkerShape.None;InvChart.Cluster = true;InvChart.ImgMap = ImgMap.TitleTip; //This statement gives run time error: Method or operation not implementedInvChart.TipMask="%L";InvChart.OpenData(COD.Values, SeriesCount, (int)COD.Unknown);

//Code for populating the chart

InvChart.CloseData(

COD.Values);

This code doesn't show how the chart is being rendered. Is the chart control being added to the Controls collection in the page? if so, where is this being done. Adding the control too late in the page cycle may cause this problem. Controls should be added on CreateChildControls.

Please include the code for the whole page.

As for accessing ImageSettings, the wrapper object gives you access to the underlying Chart FX 7 object through the ChartFX7Object property, so you can do:

InvChart.ChartFX7Object.ImageSettings.Interactive = false;

post-5246-13922406332958_thumb.jpg

Hi Frank,

After adding the statement to disable AJAX, it is not showing all these characters at the top. However, I am having some truoble showing the ImgMap on the chart.

I am using the following two statements:

InvChart.ImgMap = ImgMap.TitleTip; //This statement gives run time error: Method or operation not implemented

InvChart.TipMask="%L";

I couldn't find the equivalent statement in the wrapper class for setting the image map to TitleTip. There is no property InvChart.ChartFX7Object.ImageSettings.EmbeddedMap = true;

Please let me know how do I display the image maps.

Thanks.

Sachin