Software FX Community

Y-axis

amankazi

Can you please explain the working of Y axis in my scenario with the series?

I am comparing it. How will I get the Index of the series to which the Y axis belongs to ? Here is the code snippet for it

AxisY temp_Y = (AxisY)e.Object;string SeriesName ; 

for(IntYAxisCount = 0; IntYAxisCount < chartHistoricGraph.AxesY.Count;IntYAxisCount++){  if(temp_Y.Equals(chartHistoricGraph.AxesY[intYAxisCount]))  {   SeriesName = chartHistoricGraph.Series[intYAxisCount].Text;   break;  }} 

• 3 weeks later...

Following is the code how I got the exact Y axis on which user has clicked.

int IntSeriesIndex = 0;

AxisY YAxisObject = (AxisY)e.Object;for (int IntYAxisCount = 0; IntYAxisCount < chartHistoricGraph.AxesY.Count; IntYAxisCount++)

{

if (YAxisObject.Equals(chartHistoricGraph.AxesY[intYAxisCount]))

{

string LegendName = chartHistoricGraph.AxesY[intYAxisCount].Title.ToString();for (int IntSeriesCount = 0; IntSeriesCount < chartHistoricGraph.Series.Count; IntSeriesCount++)

{

if (chartHistoricGraph.Series[intSeriesCount].Text == LegendName.ToString())

{

IntSeriesIndex = IntSeriesCount;

}

}

break;

}

}

I am facing one more issue, on change of the color of series, the dynamically added Yaxis color is not changing.

User can change the color of the series by picking it from color pallet(User can right click on the series and change the color). To do this I am using the CommandID "29468", when user changes the color at runtime the color the Y axis should also change. But it is not changing, as I am using the predefined CommandID, I am not sure how I can change the color of the Y-axis at runtime.