Software FX Community

converter for tooltip

bmw

I currently have this code for my tooltip template.  What i want to know is can i pass "DataItem.ArrivalDate" through a converter.  I want to format it with dow, arrivaldate and its currently datetime.

<DataTemplate>   <Grid>   <Grid.RowDefinitions>   <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>   <RowDefinition Height="12"/>   <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>   <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>   <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>   <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>   <RowDefinition Height="12"/>   </Grid.RowDefinitions>   <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>   <ColumnDefinition Width="*"/>   <ColumnDefinition Width="12"/>   <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto"/>   </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>   <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=DataItem.ArrivalDate}"  Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="3" HorizontalAlignment="Center"/>   <TextBlock Text="{g:LocalizedResource Name=LandingPageGraph_GroupAvailableTip}" Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="0" HorizontalAlignment="Left"/>   <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=DataItem.GroupAvailable}" Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="2" HorizontalAlignment="Right"/>   <TextBlock Text="{g:LocalizedResource Name=LandingPageGraph_TotalSoldTip}" Grid.Row="3" Grid.Column="0" HorizontalAlignment="Left"/>   <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=DataItem.TotalSold}" Grid.Row="3" Grid.Column="2" HorizontalAlignment="Right"/>   <TextBlock Text="{g:LocalizedResource Name=LandingPageGraph_PriorYearActualsTip}" Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="0" HorizontalAlignment="Left"/>   <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=DataItem.PriorYearActuals}" Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="2" HorizontalAlignment="Right"/>   <TextBlock Text="{g:LocalizedResource Name=LandingPageGraph_ProjectedTip}" Grid.Row="5" Grid.Column="0" HorizontalAlignment="Left"/>   <TextBlock Text="{Binding Path=DataItem.Projected}" Grid.Row="5" Grid.Column="2" HorizontalAlignment="Right"/>   </Grid></DataTemplate>

You can use a converter in your tooltip templates in the same way as you would use a converter in any other WPF scenario

1) Add an xml namespace to the root node (Page/Window/etc.), if the converter is in the same assembly as the executable you can omit the assembly part

2) Add the converter to a resource dictionary in your template

3) Instantiate the converter in the binding.

e.g

<

Page x:Class="Cfx80App.Pages.Animation.BarHeightPage"xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation'>http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"xmlns:cfx="clr-namespace:ChartFX.WPF;assembly=ChartFX.WPF"xmlns:local="clr-namespace:YourNamespaceGoesHere">