Software FX Community

My Chart is displayed over everything else.

JeremyVnc

What's RenderFormat set to?

.NET Client controls and ActiveX controls are placed on top of other DOM elements by Internet Explorer. If you are rendering as any of these you can not have anything on top of the chart. Only images can be rendered at a lower Z-Order.

Im rendering the charts in auto due to the problems Im having in rendering in any one specific one.  Im used to ChartFX 6.2 Internet under ActiveX.  On those pages (different webservers), the charts would be under the menu items. Those were just divs that were hidden until someone hovered over them.

Here are the problems I am having with the rendering formats and their respective browsers:

• .Net - Doesnt work with Firefox, Chart over menus.
  • All others - Everytime I mouse over a bar, title, basically anything on the chart, it gives me a script error in IE6 & IE7. Menus work fine though.

Any ideas?

-Jeremy

post-5132-13922406314129_thumb.jpg

> .Net - Doesnt work with Firefox, Chart over menus.

Yes. FireFox doesn't support .NET controls. In IE .NET Client will be on top of every other DOM element as I explained in my previous post.

> All others - Everytime I mouse over a bar, title, basically anything on the chart, it gives me a script error in IE6 & IE7. Menus work fine though.

Check your image settings. What's the ToolTipFormat set to?

Can you please post a WebForm page that reproduces the problem.

> .Net - Doesnt work with Firefox, Chart over menus.

Yes. FireFox doesn't support .NET controls. In IE .NET Client will be on top of every other DOM element as I explained in my previous post.

Why do my charts from 6.2 that output in ActiveX not overlay themselves over the same menus as I use now?

> All others - Everytime I mouse over a bar, title, basically anything on the chart, it gives me a script error in IE6 & IE7. Menus work fine though.
Check your image settings. What's the ToolTipFormat set to?

Can you please post a WebForm page that reproduces the problem.

ImageSettings-ToolTips="WithMouse"  <--  Is this what you are talking about?  Otherwise, I have not set anything so it would be default.

-Jeremy

> Why do my charts from 6.2 that output in ActiveX not overlay themselves over the same menus as I use now?

How are you rendering your charts in 6.2? I don't see how this can be different, both 6.2 and 7.0 generate an <OBJECT> tag. It is out of our control whether that goes on top or below your menu. The only way I can tell what the difference is would be to have two sample forms, one with 6.2 and one with 7.0 that show the different behavior. My guess is that the difference is in the rest of the HTML not the chart.

> ImageSettings-ToolTips="WithMouse"  <--  Is this what you are talking about?  Otherwise, I have not set anything so it would be default.

Set it to "AsTitle" (default). Setting it to WithMouse requires that you define 2 javascript functions to handle popon and popoff. Since you are not defining these you are getting a JavaScript error.