Software FX Community

Mixing bars and lines

RAD

1. My code creates a chart with bars. But I find that the bar centres on some of the points and not others.

Reading other posts I find that I should set the Chart.Gallery to bar and not just the series. I have done that and also set .AllSeries.Gallery to Bar but it still happens.

2. I then add a line series to the chart but then the first series is plotted completely incorrectly. Both the bar and line are plotted specifying the X & Y co-ords but it seem that X co-ords are ignored after the lines are added. They seem to revert to 1,2,3 etc.

1) Bar charts don't use the X-Values for positioning. The bars are position in the X-Axis consecutively and evenly spaced. X-Values are only used for labeling the X-Axis (see: smart labeling).

2) You can not have an X/Y chart combined with a bar chart. Having a Bar chart as the main gallery will automatically turn the X-Axis into categorical and X-Values will no longer be used for positioning of points, regardless of series' gallery.