Software FX Community

how to keep the same size of Pie?

W.D

Hi, I'm working on some pie charts. They have legendbox on the right hand side. I found that their pie's size changes depending on the longest text in the legendbox. 

I wish I could keep the pie's size all the same. I tried to use TopGap, BottomGap, LeftGap and RightGap. It helped to change the size of the pie but also the size of the legendbox.

The only way I could think of now is to add white spaces to the end of the legend text to force the pie take smaller space. Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks.

I actually found I could achieve this by setting the UserLegendBoxObj.Width to a fixed value to force the pie stay in the same size. But that means there're big space on the right side of the UserLegendBox. So is there a better way to achieve the same result?

Thanks.

What is "the same result"? The way I see it the only way to keep the pie the same size regardless of the size of the legend text is to make the legend box as big as it is ever going to be.

This will always create some blank space. I just don't see anyway around it. I'm not talking about Chart FX her I'm talking in general, if you make the pie smaller some space needs to be added somewhere to compensate.

Maybe if you post a drawing of what you would like to get it will be more clear.

Hi Frank,

I mean to keep all the pie at a consistent size. I understand there must be blank space. Is there anyway to make sure the blank space in between the pie and the legendbox? What I get now is the blank space is on the right side of the legendbox. I tried "UserLegendBoxObj.Alignment" as "Far" but it doesn't work. Is there a way to specify the alignment within the LegendBox? Thanks.

Regards,

W.D.

• 4 months later...

Frank,

I am having a similar problem. There simply isn't a variable to set the size of the pie.  Disregarding the fact that there should always be some space between the legend box and the pie, the user (meaning the engineer) should always be able to set the size of the pie as they see fit.

Or maybe there is a variable and I am just not able to find one ?