Software FX Community

Adding from an array from CHART fx 8 beta.

krb875

I am trying to test a proof of concept to add to an a chart for an old matlab procedure i would eventually like to move off to .net  Bascially I will be passing in an array and need to get it added to a chart labeled tempref.  I have tried some data lists and sources because i thought you could add this type of information without re-processing the array.  If someone could help me with this proof of concept my company will be moving foward with this technology for a few uses.  m_report is a object of WPF that holds server charts and graphs that i need to populate.  Tempref is the particular one i am trying to import.  m_TemperatureReferences is the array that currently holds the information, right now just a list of y points, but eventuaally it will hold the complete data.

m_Report.TempRef.Data.X[0, 0] = 20;

m_Report.TempRef.Data.X[0, 1] = 40;

m_Report.TempRef.Data.X[0, 2] = 60;

m_Report.TempRef.Data.X[0, 3] = 100;

foreach(double[] tempRefArr in this.m_TemperatureReferences)

{

if (tempRefArr != null)

{

int x = 0; foreach (double tempRef in tempRefArr)

{

m_Report.TempRef.Data.Y[0, x] = tempRef;

x++;

}

}

}

}

i should note that the chart appears on screen with no points

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also tried in expression blend to databind the chart to the array, but it crashed my solution.

I cant seem to find a way to get an array passed in from another project to be displayed on the chart.

Can you please describe in detail the data you want to pass the chart?

Is it an array of doubles? An array of CLR objects? Which properties are you interested in plotting? Are you using LinQ?

Any information you can provide will help us point you in the right track.

Regards,

JuanC

I am passing in three types of arguments.  One is an array that is a bitmap for a DeadCell map where the value toggles the bit on an off.  Then I have a single array for a scatter plot over time.  But most of my arrays that I need or doubles.  It is for an engineering report that will display 4 plots with i think about 7 graphs.

It is actually going to be passed in from a current Matlab object but we are moving this process to a .Net library and want our summary library to be a WPF foundation.

I am not sure what LINQ is.  As far as the properties of the array I believe one array is the x and one array is the y coordinates, but once I get familiar with the ChartFX I will manipulate this as needed.

I just rexamined the requirements to make sure I am giving you the correct information.  We might be scrapping the DeadCell Map.  Basically everything is a single array of Doubles, that needs to be graph on a set interval based on what type of unit the data represents.  I haven't decided if I am going to pass the constants into the library, or if i will just pass the unit type and have it represent some sort of enum type that has the x values in an array of doubles.