Software FX Community

Pie-Chart: Problem with Point-Labels

Doc Holliday

Hello,

In my Pie-Charts the PointLabels will be file:///C:/DOKUME%7E1/HKOELB%7E1.DAP/LOKALE%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgtruncated. (see attachment)
I'm using the following code for initialization.

((ChartFX.WinForms.Galleries.Pie)m_Chart.GalleryAttributes).Square = true;
  ((ChartFX.WinForms.Galleries.Pie)m_Chart.GalleryAttributes).LabelsInside = false;
  ((ChartFX.WinForms.Galleries.Pie)m_Chart.GalleryAttributes).LabelLineBreak = 10;
  ((ChartFX.WinForms.Galleries.Pie)m_Chart.GalleryAttributes).Stacked = false;
  ((ChartFX.WinForms.Galleries.Pie)m_Chart.GalleryAttributes).MaximumLabelMargin = 100;

In other Posts in this Forum I get the information that I have to set  MaximumLabelMargin = 100.
But it doesn't work.

Is their any other possibility to force the Pie-Chart not to truncate the Labels ?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This problem is fixed. Notice that labels can be clipped if the MaximumLabelMargin (Pie class) is set to less than 100.

If yo want to guarantee no labels will be clipped (as long as there is room to show them) set:

((ChartFX.WinForms.Galleies.Pie) chart.GalleryAttributes).MaximumLabelMargin = 100;

Notice that by doing this you are allowing the pie itself to become very tiny in favor of displaying the labels.

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no built-in feature to enable label-wrapping. However, as a workaround you can specify a line break (\n) when defining a value for the text property of the point class:

Chart1.AllSeries.PointLabels.Format =

"%L";Chart1.Points[0, 0].Text = "Line1 \n Line 2";

Regards,

RandyJ