Software FX Community

Draw vertical line on chart on mouse move

lakshmimn

The verical line should be drawn on the chart when there is a mouse over event. It should act like a vertical pointer on the chart (the line should have the height as that of the chart), and the details of each of the data points (each point on X axis) on the chart, will be shown in a small popup window.

I tried the CustomGridLine, but this line does not move smoothly along each of the points on x axis, on mouse move it directly jumps to the next vertical line in the Grid.

> I tried the CustomGridLine, but this line does not move smoothly along each of the points on x axis, on mouse move it directly jumps to

> the next vertical line in the Grid.

You can draw a custon gridline at any position in the axis, it does not have to be at one of the tickmarks/gridlines. If you were getting this behavior tit must be because something you were doing in the code that made it jump.

The following code, when included in the MouseMove event of a chart will produce a vertical gridline at the position of the mouse:

CustomGridLine

mousePointer;if (chart1.AxisX.CustomGridLines.Count == 0) {

mousePointer =

new CustomGridLine();mousePointer.Color = Color.Red;

// TODO: Any other customization you want to do the the gridline

chart1.AxisX.CustomGridLines.Add(mousePointer);

}

else

mousePointer = chart1.AxisX.CustomGridLines[0];

double

x = chart1.AxisX.PixelToValue(e.X);double min,max;

chart1.AxisX.GetScrollView(

out min, out max);x = Math.Min(x,max);

x =

Math.Max(x,min);

mousePointer.Value = x;

• 4 years later...

This is quite an old post now but I hope someone can help with this.

I have managed to get the vertical line working when I move the mouse, however I would like to somehow determine all the points at which the vertical line intersects with the series that are currently plotted on the page.

For example say I have 3 series that are being plotted, where the X axis is DateTime.

As I move the mouse, how do I determine Y vlues of the intersection of the vertical line with the 3 series?