Software FX Community

Force X axis labels to be displayed

Aps.com

Is there a way to force the visibility of all the labels on the X axis to be displayed, without having a extremely large chart display.  Right now the chart when rendered is showing ever other label even though there is a bar display for each value of data?

Looks like there is just no room to display them all.

You can set chart.AxisX.Step = 1 to force it but then you will get overlapping which will render the chart unreadable. If there is no room to display all the labels what do you want to display?

I need to display all lables at all time, is there a way to either make the bar size smaller which I assume will also make the axis smaller?  right now I have the width of the chart set at 650 which is huges in respect to the entire web page and it is showing a chart for an enter month of 31 days, on the X axis the labels read like (Sat 3/2/2008, Sun 3/3/2008, etc in a vertical facing fashion.

I can try to set the Step property to one and see what happends but I am sure it's like you say it will overlap.  any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The question is what do you want to see. You can make the Font smaller.

Ask yourself this: if you were to draw this chart by hand, how will you draw the labels so that all of them fit in a reduced space?

You can attach a drawing of what you would like to see and then I can tell you whether or not (and how) it can be achieved with Chart FX.