Software FX Community

Refresh

pizzi

I trying to monitor the cpu with the following command:

Get-WmiObject win32_perfformatteddata_perfos_processor | where {$_.name -eq "_Total"} | out-gauge -value percentprocessortime -floating -refresh 0:0:1

Everything is working exept the refresh. What I'm doing wrong here? (I have a trial version.)

RegardsSandro Pizzingrilli

I tried your command on a system using the trial version and everything seems to work fine. Are you using the latest trial version available at the website (www.powergadgets.com)?

Are you running this on a Windows Vista system? I ask you this because get-wmiobject requires you to run PowerShell as an administrator in Windows Vista if you have UAC enabled (default setting).

Regards

Ivan Giugni
PowerGadgets

Hi

I'm running the command on windows 2003 r2 server (Virtual machine) with administrator privileges. I't seems that I have a general problem with the refresh. Even the clock example (get-date | out-gauge -refresh 0:0:1 -type digital -floating) does not refrsh.

RegardsSandro Pizzingrilli

Sandro,

I have been running some tests on Win2k3 R2 but have not been able to reproduce your problem.

I remember seeing a similar issue with an old build of Powergadgets. Let's check the version to make sure we are on the same page:

- Go to the installation directory, typically "C:\Program Files\PowerGadgets" 

- Right click on "PowerGadgets.Commands.dll" and select properties.

-Go to the "Version tab" and check the "File Version".

It should be something like 1.0.2508.35823.

I am interested in the four digit build number after 1.0. You may disregard the last five numbers. If the build you have is lower than 2508, I suggest downloading the latest trial. You would need to uninstall your current instance before installing again.

In any case, let me know what you find.

Regards,

TomasTPowerGadgets