Software FX Community

Adding a Second Needle to a Radial Gauge

DJake

Hi,

I've been using PowerGadgets for a while and love it.  I've seen mention in the documentation that you can add multiple independent needles to the outer indicator (not an inner gauge) of a radial, but I don't see how to do it.  I am using a basic invoke-sql.... | out-gauge..... statement, where the SQL command results in a single row of two column values.  I have tried the cmd-lets documentation and working through the -configure option, and I can get a second needle and color it, etc., but I cannot successfully direct the second value to the second needle.  I see how to get main_indicator -value and that's no problem.  What parameter do you use to map the second value into the second guage needle?  Thanks for the help!  Best,

David

Assuming you are NOT using a template with multiple needles. 

invoke-sql ... | out-gauge -value ColumnName1 -mainscale_indicators_add needle -mainscale_indicators_1_value {$_.Column2}

Note that although most collection in PowerGadgets are automatically created when you access them (e.g. titles in out-chart), you have to add to the indicators collection because you can add needle as well as markers.

If you have a template where you already configured multiple needles then you do not need to add, just set its value, e.g.

invoke-sql ... | out-gauge -value ColumnName1 -template MyMultiNeedle.pgt -mainscale_indicators_1_value {$_.Column2}

JuanC

Thank you very much, Juan!  I don't use templates much, so the former worked fine.  Only thing to watch (it took me several tries) is that the "Column2" in $_.Column2 must match the alias name of the column(second one) in your invoke-sql statement (I was thinking it meant 2nd column).  I really appreciate the assist!!  Best,

David