Software FX Community

Combine Number Gadgets with a Map

tthomasol

I have a map gadget that I want to display in the back of my office for all employees to see current web logon activity.

I'm brand new to gadgets but within an hour or so I got a really cool looking map with several other gadgets containing numbers that represent various other important information sitting on top of the map gadget.

In all I have 6 gadget windows that contain numbers all on top of 1 map gadget.  The are being displayed on a plazma tv.

Here is my question.

How do I combine all of those gadgets so that I can start them with one click and have them preserve the layout?

I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Newbie Tim

So you're saying you have out-map, then have a combination of out-gauge/out-chart gadgets on top?  For example, you want out-map in the background, then have the out-gauge/out-chart gadgets maybe show in each corner of the map?

You can position out-gauge gadgets (I'll assume out-chart also, but don't have access to the docs right now).

You can put all of these calls into one PowerShell script, and I think that would address you're "one-click" requirement?

I have not ued the PowerShell Script yet but I think you understand my question.

Is it possible to use the script to put the gadgets in the same position that i want them and on the surface of the map?

Can you point me in the direction of some good examples of using the PowerShellScript?

Here is a screen shot of what I'm trying to accomplish, but I have to open and position everything manually right now.

Thanks for your advice!

Posted Image

Archived