Software FX Community

Cannot uninstall trial version for Vista x64

n9xrg

I installed the trial version for evaluation. We have decided to go with the product but are faced with a problem. When attempting to uninstall the program from my Vista x64 machine using the "Uninstall or change a program" menu I get the following error.

"An error occurred while trying to uninstallPowerGadgets (Trial). It may have already been uninstalled.

Would you like to remove PowerGadgets (Trial) from the Programs and Features list?"

So far I have attempted installing over the application. I have also allowed the Uninstaller to remove the program from the "Uninstall or change a program" list then install back over the existing application. At this point I fear that I am facing a manual uninstall.

I would appreciate any suggestions as a manual uninstall does not sound appealing in the least.

What will have to be removed in regard to files and registry enteries?

It seems that the pieces needed to uninstall the software are somehow missing. The two key parts to uninstall PowerGadgets are the uninstaller program, called Uninsfx_x64.exe, located in <Programs Files>\Common Files\Install FX, and the installation log, called PowerGadgets_Trial_x64.ifx (or a similar name with the .ifx extension), located in the PowerGadgets installation directory, typically <Program Files>\PowerGadgets.

Please check which of the pieces is missing. Most of the times, a reinstall should replace the missing file.