Software FX Community

IndexOutOfRangeException when removing series

DaWanderer

I receive an IndexOutOfRangeException when removing a certain SeriesAttributes from the first pane of my chart (magic number seems to be between 4 and 6 before the exception is thrown).

My chart has multiple panes, and I add several series with the following code:

chart.Series.Add(series);chart.Panes[0].Series.Add(series);

and remove the same series with this code:

chart.Panes[0].Series.Remove(series);chart.Series.Remove(series);

Is this not the correct way to add and remove series from a single pane?  I've tried wrapping my Add/Remove calls in DispatcherOperationCallback methods and invoke them with the Dispatcher of the chart object, but no luck there.Here's the exception details: 

System.IndexOutOfRangeException was unhandled  Message="Index was outside the bounds of the array."  Source="ChartFX.WPF"  StackTrace: at at.c(Int32 A_0) at b8.a(PaintMark A_0, t A_1, Double A_2, Double A_3, ao[] A_4, LogicalItemCollection A_5, LogicalItemCollection A_6) at b8.a(t A_0, Double A_1, Double A_2) at b8.f(Double A_0, Double A_1) at b8.a(Double A_0, Double A_1, Boolean A_2) at ai.OnRenderSizeChanged(SizeChangedInfo sizeInfo) at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.fireSizeChangedEvents() at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout() at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.InvokeOnRenderCallback.DoWork() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run() at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window) at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window) at System.Windows.Application.Run() at Phoenix.Windows.App.Main() in C:\MIke\Work Projects\Phoenix\Phoenix.Windows\obj\Debug\App.g.cs:line 0 at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args) at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()  InnerException:

We will try to reproduce this error but in the meantime can you clarify the following

1) Initial state of the chart: Does it have more than one pane, which of these settings are you doing in XAML/PageLoaded/Buttons

2) Does each series has an independent ItemsSource or do they represent different properties on the Chart's ItemsSource

Regards,

JuanC

• 7 months later...

I'm having a similiar problem.

I have a list (IList<EngineeringChartDto>) of objects (1215 of them) that I"m adding to the chart.ItemSource property.  If I sort this list by AccountDate before I set the ItemSource on the chart I get the Index outside the bounds of the array error message.

If I don't sort this list, it puts the items in unordered, meaning that a date time value of 1/1/2008 will show up on the right side of 6/6/2012 but does show the chart, but again, values are out of order.

I'm using the following code to set and transform the items and create the chart below..

chart.Series.Clear();   chart.DataTransforms.Clear();   chart.ItemsSource = null;   chart.Titles.Clear();   chart.AxisY.Title.Content = "Volumes";   CrosstabTransform dataTransform = new CrosstabTransform();   dataTransform.ValuePath = "Volume";   dataTransform.RowPath = "AccountDate";   dataTransform.ColumnPath = "ForecastYear";   chart.DataTransforms.Add(dataTransform);   chart.AxisX.Labels.BindingPath = "AccountDate";   chart.AxisX.AutoScale = true;   chart.Gallery = Gallery.Bar;   chart.AllSeries.Stacked = true;   chart.AllSeries.StackedStyle = StackedStyle.Normal;   chart.ItemsSource = items;     chart.Titles.Add(new Title("Project Volumes"));

public class EngineeringChartDto   {   private string budgetEntity;   private string commodityType;   private DateTime accountDate;   private double volume;   private int forecastYear;   public int ForecastYear   {   get { return forecastYear; }   }   public EngineeringChartDto(string budgetEntity, string commodityType, DateTime accountDate, double volume, int forecastYear)   {   this.budgetEntity = budgetEntity;   this.forecastYear = forecastYear;   this.commodityType = commodityType;   this.accountDate = accountDate;   this.volume = volume;   }     public string BudgetEntity   {   get { return budgetEntity; }   }   public string CommodityType   {   get { return commodityType; }   }   public DateTime AccountDate   {   get { return accountDate; }   }   public double Volume   {   get { return volume; }   }   }

Can you help me...thanks Mike.

Archived