Software FX Community

Could not load file or assembly 'ms.Statistical\n.GalleriesM

junkbond

Whenever I try to open a form or control that has a chart on it, I get the following error in VB 2005 (I'm using the latest ChartFX and Extensions)

Could not load file or assembly 'ms.Statistical\n.GalleriesM, PublicKeyToken=a1878e2052c08dce' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)

at ChartFX.WinForms.ao.a(String A_0, Boolean A_1)

at ChartFX.WinForms.a9.a(Object A_0, String A_1, Boolean& A_2, Int64& A_3)

at ChartFX.WinForms.a9.a(Object A_0, String A_1, ObjFlags A_2, Int64 A_3)

at ChartFX.WinForms.a9.a(String A_0, Object A_1, String A_2, ObjFlags A_3)

at ChartFX.WinForms.ExtensionCollection.a(Boolean A_0, IPersistBase A_1)

at ChartFX.WinForms.a9.a(Object A_0, String A_1, ObjFlags A_2, Int64 A_3)

at ChartFX.WinForms.a9.a(String A_0, Object A_1, String A_2, ObjFlags A_3)

at ChartFX.WinForms.Chart.b(Boolean A_0, IPersistBase A_1, Boolean A_2)

at ChartFX.WinForms.Chart.c(Boolean A_0, IPersistBase A_1)

at ChartFX.WinForms.Chart.Import(FileFormat format, Stream stream)

at ChartFX.WinForms.Chart..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)

Obviously, VB is having a problem loading what looks to me to be a dependent assembly for the Statistics extension I'm using.  Has anyone else every seen an error message like this?  Why might this kind of thing occur?  What can I do to resolve it?

When you say "Whenever I try to open a form or control that has a chart on it" do you mean at design time or at run-time.

The error is comming from Serialization. You are somehow creating a chart from SerializationInfo and the Statistical extension assembly is not beign found by the framework. Please check how you are creating this chart and that ChartFX.WinForms.Statistical.dll is in the right place.

Sorry, I should have thought to mention design/run-time.  I only get the error at design time.  Everything works correctly at run-time.

As for how the chart is being created, I created an class library that contains a custom control that hosts a chart and several inherited controls.  In a separate project, after including my custom assembly dll and all the necessary ChartFX dlls, I placed instances of the derived controls (which all include the base chart) on various forms.  I get the error whenever I try to open the forms containing my custom chart controls at design time. So it looks like:

Chart.dll:

- References Chartfx.Winforms.* 

- BaseChart class

- DerivedChart1 class

- DerivedChart2 class

- etc

WinApp.exe

- References Chartfx.Winforms.*

- References Chart.dll 

- Form1 contains DerivedChart2

- Form2 contains DerivedChart1

- etc

Whenever I open Form1 or Form2 in the designer, I get the error.  I don't know anything, really, about SerializationInfo, but using it to create my charts is certainly not something I'm doing explicitly.  I really appreciate anything additional you can tell me.  Thanks!