Software FX Community

Grant Full Trust to .Net Assembly (Drilldown)

russ_uk

Hi,

We need to enable the drilldown functionality within our chart rendered as an Active X Control.  I noticed that there is a HowTo on your website however, this seems to be for a previous version.

http://support.softwarefx.com/ShowArticleSep.aspx?Type=KB&Product=CfxNet62&Source=http://support.softwarefx.com/kb/614/1/001.htm?_r=1

We followed the instructions as is apart from we browsed to the following .dll and added Full Trust rather than Medium Trust  (The instructions suggest a different .dll that does not exist)

C:\Program Files\ChartFX for Visual Studio 2005\ChartFX70\Download\ChartFX.NetIEClient.dll

Unfortunately, the click event still will not function unless we add full trust to the internet site - which is something that we do not wish to do.

Is there an updated instruction list or have we selected the wrong .dll?

Many Thanks

Russ

Hi Frank,

This was done on my development machine that acts as both the client and the server,  I did however add the permission via the url (http://localhost/chartfx70/dwonload/ChartFX.NetIEClient.dll  and the drilldown still does not work without the website having full trust enabled.

We are using IE 7 (Windows XP) - could having the chartfx service installed on the machine effect this?  I wouldn't have thought so.

Many Thanks

Russ

Are you accessing the site as localhost (in your browser's address bar)?

The best way to grant full trust to Chart FX without assigning full trust to the whole zone is by using option b:

B)Enable "Full Trust" for assemblies signed with our strong name

This way the assemblies will be given full trust regardless of where they are downloaded from.

Notice that this error is a .NET error, not a Chart FX error, there is nothing in the Chart FX code that can affect this behavior as this happen before any Chart FX code gets to run.

Hi Frank,

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

The development site is tested as localhost i.e. localhost in the address bar.

We have tried adding full trust to all SoftwareFx assemblies but the problem still persists.

I understand that this is a Microsft issue but would you be able to check and see if you can reproduce this?  As currently the only way we can enable drilldown is by adding full trust to the website which is something that some of our corporate customers may not like.

Thanks again

Russ