Software FX Community

Upgrade problems

warez_Willy

Sorry to be such a noob.

I've recently upgraded chartfx and now my projects get error

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'ChartFX.WinForms.Base, Version=7.0.2664.18346, Culture=neutral,

obviously I need to remove something , and add it again. Just need some specific info on what to do.

Yes I see the sense in that . But, ideally I don't want to have to do this as there is a bit of complicated customizing of the charts I don't really want to go through each time I upgrade. I think the problem is a setting that is forcing the assembly to look for a specific dll. which it can't find because it has been replaced (upgraded)

You don't need to remove the charts! Before I upgraded, I opened the VS project. Under "References" you see ChartFX.WinForms, ChartFX.WinForms.Base and ChartFX.WinForms.Adornments. If you click on one of them, you can set "Specific version" in the Properties page to "false". I did this for all of them. Then I closed VS, installed the new ChartFX. No error after opening the project! :-) 

Yep I found this is possible even "after" upgrading chartfx. Just select the resources and set the specific version property to false. I assume then that future upgrades will not require this ??? since the assembly is not looking for a specific version .. there will be no error if an upgrade occurs..?? That being the case can I now assume that all upgrades will not require me to uninstall Chartfx or repoint my resources to new dll's..