Software FX Community

I want Lines not Markers and can't get the chart to display a Line chart??

mhowes

I have a realtime Lines chart. It's very simple and there is very little code.

When I run I get Markers and no lines. If I turn on the toolbar the chart thinks it's display lines. So I change the Gallery to something random, like Area and it changes to Area. I switch back to Lines and it shows markers.

I don't make many setting to the chart. Here are all of them

this.AllSeries.MarkerSize = 0;this.AllSeries.MarkerShape = MarkerShape.None;this.AxisY.LabelsFormat.Decimals = 2;this.AxisY.LabelsFormat.Format = AxisFormat.Number;this.AxisX.LabelsFormat.Format = AxisFormat.Number;this.LegendBox.Visible = false;this.RealTime.Mode = RealTimeMode.Scroll;this.AxisY.Max = 1;this.AxisY.Min = 0;this.AxisX.Min = 0;this.AxisX.Max = 10;

this.AllSeries.Gallery = Gallery.Lines;

to add to all this, I'm trying to get finished today and this I don't have a clue what's going on. Why won't the Chart display Lines?

anyone have any clues?

I assume a realtime chart where I add X/Y pairs in the following manner can display as a line no?

this.RealTime.BeginAddData(1, RealTimeAction.Append);   this.Data.X[Channel, 0] = X;   this.Data.Y[Channel, 0] = Y;   this.RealTime.EndAddData(true, true);

I ask because it took me a LONG time to find an answer to the question "do Autoscale axis work with realtime charts". To find out the answer is no

thanks

mike

We are unable to reproduce this problem using the latest Service Pack.

When I switch to Area and back to lines using the Toolbar I get the same line (no markers) as before.

Please make sure you are using the latest service pack and if the problem persists, please post a sample application that reproduces the problem.

A line chat can contain X and Y values the way you are adding them in your code is correct (as far as I can see for what you posted here).

I just spent an hour trying to pull my control which inherits from ChartFX out of my large project to post to show the problem.  I did, added it to a new WinForms project, dropped the control, wrote a loop generating random points, calling my method to add realtime points and IT WORKED!

Now I'm doubly confused. It's the same control with the same code being called.

It not only drew lines initally but I can switch back-n-forth between scatter and lines and that works as well.

I've tried deleted the control from my form in the original project and re-dropping it but that didn't help 

All the chart setup is done within the control. The only external call is to add the points.

what the heck could be going on?

mike

I've attached my class which inherits from ChartFX

I have been banging my head against the wall for two days and was shocked when I put this class in a new project and it worked

When I use this class I make only one call (1000s of times). I'm calling my method AddDataPointToChannel

taking wild guesses, there are timers in the form I'm working on...they aren't messing with the chart are they?

and I think was surprises me the most is when it comes up, not displaying lines the chart things it's set to Lines. When I change it some some other Gallery, like Area it changes and when I change it back to Lines it doesn't display lines, just Markers. Odd.

thanks

mike

This problem is killing me.

I have 3 projects now using the same class which inherits from ChartFX and one project will not display Lines.

The only clue I have at this point is that even at runtime the chart thinks it's Gallery is Lines. I can change to SOME Gallery types but not others. And when I change back to Lines it still doesn't display Lines. 

anyone have any ideas?

I wish I could send the project which fails but it's massive and has too much proprietary info in it.

None of my small test projects fail

mike

Archived