Software FX Community

Multiple X Axes, with AutoScroll but only one scrollbar. Can that be done?

jmcdaniel

I am trying to get the chart to show multiple x-axes which all have auto scroll set (to the same min/max scale).  I have most aspects of this working, including working around the primary x-axis seeming to have a bug w/ CustomSteps (where it always adds a 1 step item prior to the custom ones) and the need to programatically keep the scroll positions of the x-axes in synch using ScrollPosition.  What I am stuck on is how to not show the "extra" scrollbars.  I need only the top one to show in the following image.  I know all (both x & y) can be hidden via the chart.ExtraStyles property, but that will require then writing custom scrollbar control insertion, mess with our custom printing, etc..  So my questions are:

1) Can the extra scrollbars be hidden and if so how?

2) How do I change the foreground color of a scrollbar (I believe I did this in proof-of-concept at one point, but am no longer sure how)

3) How do i change the background color of the scrollbars independently of the chart are background color.

Thanks, Jesse

> 1) Can the extra scrollbars be hidden and if so how?

No. You can hide all scrollbars, but not only some. If the axis needs to scroll (the range is greater thant the visible range) it will show the scrollbar.

> 2) How do I change the foreground color of a scrollbar (I believe I did this in proof-of-concept at one point, but am no longer sure how)

The scrollbar's foreground is drawn using Axis.Line.Color

> 3) How do i change the background color of the scrollbars independently of the chart are background color.

They go together. There is no way to change only one of them.

Archived