Software FX Community

Duplicate series displayed when toggling on toolbar when using RenderFormat="Image"

KevinUK

Hi Frank

I have another problem.

When using RenderFormat="Image" the chart (in IE7 and Firefox 2) renders successfully as a PNG with clientside imagemap. Howvever when I mopuseover the chart image and right click the mouse and toggle on the Toolbar I get 'duplicate series' displaye din the legend. For example for a have two series called 'Series 1' and 'Series 2' then after toggling on the toolbar I get four items in the legend box, my normal Series 1 & 2 and a further Series 1 & 2. At this point I only have two series charted as prior to toggling on the toolbar. If I now right mouse click again and toggle on the datagrid I then get two further entries displayed in the legend box i.e. three 'Series 1' items and three 'Series 2' items. I also puzzlingly at this point get a further series displaye don the chart but ONLY for Series 1.

Any ideas as to what is happening here and how to avoid it?

Regards

KevinUK

Frank

I just read a thread where someone is having a similar problem. Herte a snippet from my code behind file for the page

string mySelectQuery = SQLstring;

string dataPath = Path.Combine(Server.MapPath("App_Data"), "TrackData.mdb");

string myConnectionString = string.Format("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source={0};", dataPath);

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection myConnection = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(myConnectionString);

System.Data.DataSet ds = new System.Data.DataSet();

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter adapter = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(mySelectQuery, myConnection);

adapter.Fill(ds, "Trackdata");

Chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("Yards", FieldUsage.XValue));

if (selRunDate1 == selRunDate2)

{

Chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap(selChannel1, FieldUsage.Value));

Chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap(selChannel2, FieldUsage.Value));

}

else

{

Chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap(ddlRunDate1.Text, FieldUsage.Value));

Chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap(ddlRunDate2.Text, FieldUsage.Value));

}

// Assign the data source to the chart

Chart1.DataSource = ds.Tables[0];

// This setting instructs Chart FX to use 2 decimals for the data labels

Chart1.AxisY.DataFormat.Decimals = 2;

As you can see I'm using a OleDb Dataset/DataAdapter as the source for the Chart (using very similar code to that in the PassThru sample).

This code comes from a function called UpdateChart which is called when I click a button on the web form called 'Update chart'. Prior to calling this UpdateChart function I call another function called ResetChart which contains the following code snippet

string tempChartPath = Path.Combine(Server.MapPath("App_Data"), "tempChart.bin");

Chart1.Import(FileFormat.Binary, tempChartPath);

Chart1.Data.Clear();

Hope this helps to identify the problem.

Regards

KevinUK 

Archived