Software FX Community

Chart Fx Xaxis and Point Labels

Mohamed

Hi all,

I have two question on Chart FX that is

Question1: When I have three series in my chart, I want to have three different types of labels on the same xaxis for each series correspondingly.

Question2: When I display the point labels on the series the point labels are different from what data I pass to that series.

For example: when I pass this array to the series

array = {30.2, 40.2}

the point labels were displaying 3020.0, 4020.0

But I want the point labels to be like the data I pass to the series that is 30.2, 40.2

Please help me out on this.

Thanks in advance

> Question1: When I have three series in my chart, I want to have three different types of labels on the same xaxis for each series correspondingly.

I don't exactly understand what you mean here. But the X-Axis labels are one per point, the number of series does not affect the X-Axis labels.

> Question2: When I display the point labels on the series the point labels are different from what data I pass to that series. ]

This is what you should get. you must be setting some other property (maybe AxisY.Scale) that's causing the values to be multiplied by 10. Please check your code.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> 

Hi Frank,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your prompt reply. To be clear I will explain you the First question in detail.

I am using line chart with 3 series.

For Example:

Series 1 - Red

Series 2 - Blue

Series 3 - Green.

Series 1 -  Red

I have two arrays for the red series that is

Red_values - {1,5,7}

Red_Xvalues - {Red1,Red2,Red3}

All the data in the Red_value arrays should only be ploted against the Red_xvalues(xaxis value)

series 2 -  Blue

I have two arrays for the Blue series that is

Blue_values - {2, 4 , 6}

Blue_Xvalues - {Blue1,Blue2,Blue3}

All the data in the Blue_value arrays should only be ploted against the Blue_xvalues(xaxis value)

series 3 -  Green

I have two arrays for the Green series that is

Green_values - {3, 5 , 8}

Green_Xvalues - {Green1,Green2,Green3}

All the data in the Green_value arrays should only be ploted against the Green_xvalues(xaxis value)

So totally I have six Arrays that is 3 value arrays that is for plotting the series against the corresponding 3 Xvalue  (xaxis). I mean Red_values against Red_xvalues, Blue_values against blue_xvalues, green_values against green_xvalues.

This has to be done on one chart because to see the difference in trend between the 3 series.

I hope you understand this, I will also enclose a image below of what I want

Thanks in advance

Ps: I have enclosed the image below with different format like jpeg, gif etc because I do know which one would so up.(sorry for enclosing so many images)

Posted Image   Posted Image

Posted Image   http://community.softwarefx.com/forums/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/kncsnmr/Desktop/chrt.bmp

I appologise for spellings before find it clear below

Thanks for your prompt reply. To be clear I will explain you the First question in detail.I am using line chart with 3 series.

For Example:

Series 1 - Red

Series 2 - Blue

Series 3 - Green.

Series 1 -  (Red) have two arrays for the red series that is

Red_values - {1,5,7}

Red_Xvalues - {Red1,Red2,Red3}

All the data in the Red_value arrays should only be ploted against the Red_xvalues(xaxis value)  

series 2 - ( Blue) have two arrays for the Blue series that is

Blue_values - {2, 4 , 6}

Blue_Xvalues - {Blue1,Blue2,Blue3}

All the data in the Blue_value arrays should only be ploted against the Blue_xvalues(xaxis value)

series 3 -  (Green) have two arrays for the Green series that is

Green_values - {3, 5 , 8}

Green_Xvalues - {Green1,Green2,Green3}

All the data in the Green_value arrays should only be ploted against the Green_xvalues(xaxis value)

So totally I have six Arrays that is 3 value arrays that is for plotting the series against the corresponding 3 Xvalue  (xaxis).

I mean Red_values against Red_xvalues, Blue_values against blue_xvalues, green_values against green_xvalues.

This has to be done on one chart because to see the difference in trend between the 3 series.

Thanks in advance

Archived