Software FX Community

Map Zoom

pearsonj

Thanks for the quick response.  That helped.  But I also would like set the bounding box of the map.  In my case, I am trying to use your Asia map as a Middle East map.  I deleted the countries that I didn't need from the svg.  That got rid of the countries that I didn't want, but now there is a bunch of white space.  The svg element of the included svg documents has an attribute called "viewBox" that I think would take care of my needs, but it seems to get ignored.  Is there another way to accomplish this?

thanks, Jake

Towards the beginning of the SVG file you see something like: 

<

svg width="724.12pt" height="601.27pt" viewBox="0 0 724.12 601.27" xml:space="preserve">

You need to adjust all of these to the new size. If you removed things from the left and top, you will need to use a SVG editor to move the remaining content so that it is closer to the top,left corner.

Thats what I was afraid of.  I found a few different free svg editors, do you guys reccomend any of them?  Also, could you add support for the viewBox field you mentioned to your todo list.  That way, I could set the default zoom out to crop on a certain area of the svg.  Or perhaps even better would be to add a "Crop" property to the "Map" object of type "Rectangle" so I could programattically zoom in on a certain area of a map (like the whole panhandle of Florida).

thanks, Jake

post-2110-13922400392948_thumb.png

Archived