Software FX Community

Charts getting corrupted

Oops

I am using Chart FX VERSION 7.0.2664.18534 Develepmont for visual studio 2005. Im trying to render two charts on a webpage but i find that since recently every time a i make ANY change to any of the chart properties, the charts get corrupted.

After having to create new charts many times, this time i thought i had it working but now i find that when i refresh my page the charts get corrupted again.

Attached is a snapshot of how they look after getting corrupted.

Can anyone advise what i should i do?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

sorry to be replying late, iv been having hell and had to go through some painful workarounds to get this working.

I can gurantee that it is not a case of having plotted too many points. This graph that you see had only about 6 points plotted on it and the x axis is date format for years.....

i can guarantee because, this graph works just fine one second but if i go and change ANY property (even the title) and then try running this again, the graph gets corrupted.

I had raised this issue earlier in one of my posts and you had asked me to check if all dll versions are the same or not...i have done that and re installed chart fx as well...but to no avail.

Other problems i have been getting is :

1. If i add a new chart and remove 2 of the default 3 series...the 2 series keep popping back again...no matter what i do...i cant seem to be able to get rid of the 2 unwanted series' permanently.

2. I often get a cryptographic exception at the chartfx tag.

I must say that this has completely ruined my chartfx experience.....

> I can gurantee that it is not a case of having plotted too many points. This graph that you see had only about 6 points plotted on it and the x axis is date

> format for years.....

I need the code in order to see what's going on, there are simply many properties in the chart for me to guess which one you may be setting that causes this problem. If you can not isolate the problem in a small project, you can try exporting the chart to a binary file using the Export method when the chart is "corrupted". Although this is not as useful as the code itself it might tell me enough information to pinpoint the problem.

> 1. If i add a new chart and remove 2 of the default 3 series...the 2 series keep popping back again...no matter what i do...i cant seem to be able to get rid of the 2 unwanted series' permanently.

How are you "removing" these series? Are you binding the chart to data? If so, you have to use the "Adjust Data To Chart" wizard to tell it which columns from your datasource you don't want in the chart.

> 2. I often get a cryptographic exception at the chartfx tag.

At design-time or run-time? You said you re-installed Chart FX. Did you apply the latest service pack? What's the exact version of your Chart FX assemblies?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frank

Here are some more details for you...its difficult to pinpoint when things happen ...but they are happening a lot...

i just created a sample project and have similar problems there as well...i have attached that project..it has just one form and one chart....

if u try removing 2 of the 3 default series at designtime...then the deleted series' keep coming back automatically....

Next i have attached a screenshot of the cryptographic exception i talked about and the corresponding trace information..its in a word file in the zip file....

Im not able to reproduce it on demand !...but it keeps popping up...

Now im not able to attach any files to this message !!!..is there any other way i can send the code sample to you ?

Many Thanks

Default.zip

Archived