Software FX Community

failed to map the path '/chartfx62/temp/'

nilesh patel

Are you running against IIS or are you using the VS 2005 Embedded Web Server?

If the former, make sure that the chartfx62 virtual folder is created (this is done by the installer). If the later, Chart FX 6.2 only supports IIS, for support of VS 2005 Web Server you need Chart FX for VS 2005 (7.0).

I've got exactly the same problem. I'm running IIS and i've got the virtual folder created in iis. I also can't run help as it's giving me displaying an error telling me that the mshelp 2.0 runtime hasn't been installed. I'm running visual studion 2005, and therefore running version two of the .net framework.

ChartFX for .NET 6.2 is for the .NET Framework 1.x. To best integrate with VS 2005 you should use Chart FX for Visual Studio 2005.

Like any 1.x control, Chart FX for .NET 6.2 will work under the framework 2.0 and VS 2005 but it will not make use of any of the new features in framework 2.0 and VS 2005, such as the VS 2005's ASP.NET Web Server.

In IIS however, there should be no problem (I am running it in my box without any problems).

Please specify exactly what error you are getting. The error in the previous post says the tit could not map '/chartfx62/temp'. Do you see this virtual directory in your IIS manager?

Archived