Software FX Community

Update Datagrid using .NET Control from client side?

lewis_leeheng

You need to capture the DataChangedByUser client side event in your JavaScript.

Here is the sample code:

<SCRIPT  LANGUAGE="JavaScript" FOR="Chart1" EVENT="DataChangedByUser(sender, e)"><!-- // Prevent changes to second series if (e.Series == 1) e.Handled = true;--></SCRIPT>

Note: The .NET control requires FULL TRUST in order to fire events to IE.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your reply.

But I would like to allow user to edit those column hightlighted in RedBox as below Only and do not allow user to edit the label for The Series Labels ( Series 1, Series 2, Series 3) and X Labels (1,2,3,4,5....10). Are we able to use coding to control the above features on the Datagrid?

If possible, could you please help to provide some examples?

Kindly advice. Thank You. 
Posted Image 

Regards

Lewis

Hi Frank,

I would to ask is there whether when user after edit the Data Point value on the datagrid, Point Labels on the charts also changes at the same time. The Point Labels i would like to display out on my customize point labels.

Are we able to use coding to control the above features on the Point Labeling? Below is my Test Program to try out on this customize Point Labels but it doesnt work on it.  

**********************************************************************************************************************************

<SCRIPT  LANGUAGE="JavaScript" FOR="Chart1" EVENT="DataChangedByUser(sender, e)">       // Prevent changes to series & Coloumn Header if (e.Series == -1 || e.Point == -1)   e.Handled = true; else {   //alert(" S-" + e.Series + " P-" + e.Point);       Chart1.Points( e.Series,e.Point ).PointLabels.Format = FormatValueToCustomPL( e.Value ); // Format the Current Value to Point Labeling   Chart1.Points( e.Series,e.Point ).PointLabels.Angle = 90;   Chart1.Points( e.Series,e.Point ).PointLabels.Alignment = StringAlignment.Near;   Chart1.Points( e.Series,e.Point ).PointLabels.LineAlignment = StringAlignment.Far;   Chart1.Points( e.Series,e.Point ).PointLabels.Visible = True; }     </SCRIPT>

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Regards

Lewis

Hi Frank,

The default point label format only show the value of the point, but i need to convert this point values to time usages description for each point. Below is my sample of the chart.

Q1 - Is there possible when DataChangedByUser it also able to perform convert point values to time usages description and display on Point Label at the same time ?

Q2 - When Chart1_UserCallback is trigger, is it possible that we able to get the DataChangedByUser current point value from Datagrid?

Q3-  When UserCallBack it seens like automatic reload back to previous data but not update the lastest (user entered value) point value. Why it not able to update the lastest point value on chart?

Posted Image

Test.aspx 

<chartfx7:chart id="Chart1" runat="server" height="450px" width="900px" RenderFormat=".NET" OnUserCallback="Chart1_UserCallback"> 

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

function Charfx_DatagridOnChanged(iposIndex)
  {
  SFX_SendUserCallback('Chart1', iposIndex, false);
  }

</script>

<SCRIPT  LANGUAGE="JavaScript" FOR="Chart1" EVENT="DataChangedByUser(sender, e)">

// Prevent changes to second series
if (e.Series == -1 || e.Point == -1)
  e.Handled = true;
else
{
  var posIndex = e.Series + ':' + e.Point;
  Charfx_DatagridOnChanged(posIndex);
}

</SCRIPT>

Test.aspx.vb 

'<summary> To UserCallBack Perform ChartFX Events </summary>
Protected Sub Chart1_UserCallback(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As ChartFX.WebForms.UserCallbackEventArgs) Handles Chart1.UserCallback

Dim arPos(2) As String
  Dim jParam As String = e.Param

Dim jSeries, jPoint As Integer
  Dim test As Double

Dim splitter1 As Char() = {":"c}

arPos = jParam.Split(splitter1)

jSeries = Convert.ToInt16(arPos(0))
  jPoint = Convert.ToInt16(arPos(1))

'Chart1.Titles.Add(New TitleDockable(e.Param))
  e.Result = DateTime.Now.ToString()

Chart1.Series(0).PointLabels.Visible = True

test = Chart1.Data(jSeries, jPoint).ToString()

Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).PointLabels.Format = FormatValue2TimeDescr (Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).Text)
  Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).PointLabels.Angle = 90
  Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).PointLabels.Alignment = StringAlignment.Near
  Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).PointLabels.LineAlignment = StringAlignment.Far
  Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).PointLabels.Visible = True

End Sub

Regards

Lewis 

I see now.

You are in the right track with UserCallback. What I suggest you do is this:

1) Set chart.AllSeries.PointLabels.Format = "%L"

This instruct Chart FX to display the Text property in the Point Label.

2) Keep processing the DataChangedByUser now and keep sending the UserCommand event. In the DataChangedByUser event you can get e.Text as the text beign entered. You can pass that back to your UserCommandEvent. For example:

var posIndex = e.Series + ':' + e.Point + ':' + e.Text;

3) In your UserCommand event, instead of:

Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).PointLabels.Format = FormatValue2TimeDescr (Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).Text)   Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).PointLabels.Angle = 90   Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).PointLabels.Alignment = StringAlignment.Near   Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).PointLabels.LineAlignment = StringAlignment.Far   Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).PointLabels.Visible = TrueDo:

Chart1.Points(jSeries, jPoint).Text = <converted time value>;

You are going to get the value as entered in the DataGrid from e.Param

Archived