Software FX Community

Chart Import function does not correctly get all series and serie text

jamesraynet

I use this function to import a Stream of XML (which is from a xml file, generate from an export function of a chart)

this.chtMain.Import(FileFormat.XML, myStream)

I have a need of knowing what are the series in the chart after importing.I use these code:

foreach (SeriesAttributes sa in chart.Series){  if (sa != null && sa.Tag != null)  { // Perform some things here }}

foreach (SeriesAttributes sa in chart.Series){  if (sa != null && sa.Tag != null)  { // Perform some things here }}

The problem I have is that by default the length of the series is always 3, even thoughin my import stream, there are more than 3 series.

Another thing is the text in the series are also wrong.

Here is the XML portion of the imported XML stream:

<ITEM index="0"><GALLERY>Lines</GALLERY><TAG>Digital_Term_ESIZE (Rollup)</TAG><MARKERSHAPE>Marble</MARKERSHAPE><MARKERSIZE>4</MARKERSIZE><LINE.STYLE>Solid</LINE.STYLE><LINE.WIDTH>4</LINE.WIDTH><TEXT>ETERM_D</TEXT><COLOR>#FF008000</COLOR><PANE>0</PANE><VISIBLE>True</VISIBLE></ITEM>

ITEM index="0"><GALLERY>Lines</GALLERY><TAG>Digital_Term_ESIZE (Rollup)</TAG><MARKERSHAPE>Marble</MARKERSHAPE><MARKERSIZE>4</MARKERSIZE><LINE.STYLE>Solid</LINE.STYLE><LINE.WIDTH>4</LINE.WIDTH><TEXT>ETERM_D</TEXT><COLOR>#FF008000</COLOR><PANE>0</PANE><VISIBLE>True</VISIBLE></ITEM>

<DATASOURCESETTINGS><FIELDS><ITEM><NAME>FiscalDate</NAME><USAGE>RowHeading</USAGE></ITEM><ITEM><NAME>Measure</NAME><USAGE>ColumnHeading</USAGE></ITEM><ITEM><NAME>MeasureValue</NAME><USAGE>Value</USAGE></ITEM></FIELDS></DATASOURCESETTINGS>

DATASOURCESETTINGS><FIELDS><ITEM><NAME>FiscalDate</NAME><USAGE>RowHeading</USAGE></ITEM><ITEM><NAME>Measure</NAME><USAGE>ColumnHeading</USAGE></ITEM><ITEM><NAME>MeasureValue</NAME><USAGE>Value</USAGE></ITEM></FIELDS></DATASOURCESETTINGS>