Software FX Community

Error starting PSS service

ranganh

Hi,

From the documentation, I see that PSS service runs by default.

I have installed chartfx for VS 2005 with Test/QA/staging option. The installation was uneventful, but the PSS service was not started.

I attempted to start it manually, but I see the generic error, something like

Could not start the service. The service did not respond in a timely fashion.

I have no idea what could be the issue.

On another machine, I tried uninstalling and re-installing chartfx, that did not fix the issue either.

Thanks!

Hari

If PSS is not outputting anything to the event log then it is most likely not able to even run one line of code.

1) Check the service settings, maybe your security policy is not allowing the service to run. What user is it running as? It should be running as System.

2) What OS are you running under?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi

i also get this problem starting problem with pss service on my maschines. one is a windows 2003 standard server r2 and the other one is a windows 2003 enterprise server sp1. on both maschines it is not possible to start the pss service. i always get this error when i start it manual " "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

in the eventlog i also get the same errors "Zeitüberschreitung (30000 ms) beim Verbindungsversuch mit Dienst Chart FX 7.0 PSS Service." or "Der Dienst "Chart FX 7.0 PSS Service" wurde aufgrund folgenden Fehlers nicht gestartet:

Der Dienst antwortete nicht rechtzeitig auf die Start- oder Steuerungsanforderung. "

Both servers are productions server. I also ran ChartFX on my developer maschine (xp sp2) and there the service runs without a problem.

Regards,

Daniel Winkler

• 1 year later...

Archived