Software FX Community

Zoom bug and related crash

rconde

I've got an easily reproducable bug, and related crash.

Add a default chart to a form. Add random data from 0 to 0.5 as follows:

chart1.Data.Series = 0;chart1.Data.Points = 0;

chart1.Data.Series = 2;chart1.Data.Points = 100;

Random random = new Random();

for(int i = 0; i < 2; i++){ for(int j = 0; j < 100; j++) {   chart1.Data.X[i,j] = j;   chart1.Data.Y[i,j] = 0.5*random.NextDouble(); }}

Now run the app. Since the default number of decimals is 0, and all points differ by less than one, the y axis will have no labels (I think this is key to the bug)

Now choose the zoom tool and zoom in. The first part of the bug should be seen - the data you zoomed on is nowhere in sight.  The y axis scroll bars is pulled completely towards the bottom.

Now part two of the bug. Click the arrow on the upper part of the y axis scroll bar. Crash!! Here's the stack:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ChartFX.WinForms.Axis.c(Int32 A_0, Int32 A_1) at ChartFX.WinForms.ag.b(MouseEventArgs A_0) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hopefully you guys can fixed these.

I was able to reproduce the problem, we are investigating it and will likely fix it in the next SP.

Please contact support if you would like to be notified when the fix gets released.

In the mean time you can easily work around this bug by increasing the number of decimals in the Y-Axis (which you have to if you are plotting this kind of data anyways). We will fix the crash but there will still be no labels to display.

Archived