Software FX Community

creating control chart types not included in the stats extension

miantosca

I am trying to figure out what it is going to take for me to create 4 types of SPC charts that the stats extension does not create out of the box.

The chart types are c, u, s and moving range charts.

http://www.sixsigmafirst.com/controlcharts1.htm

I saw the post about creating g-charts but wasn't sure if or how it applied to my situation - any advice would be much appreciated. I am trying to figure out if I can do this with the chartfx stats extension.

thanks in advance
Michael

All SPC charts allow you to define your own Sigma and Mean values, control limits are drawn at Mean - 3*Sigma and Mean + 3*Sigma.In an X-Chart, by default the Mean is automatically calculated as the "mean of means" while the control limits are calculated using the un-bias sigma.To override this default you can do the following:statistics1.Gallery.Current = Galleries.Gallery.XChart;statistics1.Gallery.XChart.Mean = <c>;statistics1.Gallery.XChart.Sigma = Math,Sqrt(c_bar);So if you calculate both the Mean and Sigma for the C-Chart in your code, you can use this "customized X-chart" as your X-Chart.Let me know if this helps.Note: The same principle applies to all SPC chart, so if your data looks more like the x-Chart or np-Chart, you can use one of those instead of the p-Chart.

Archived