Jump to content
Software FX Community

Problem with Line weight


User (Legacy)
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello

I'm using ClientServer 5.1 and have the following Problems:

In a chart I use the Gallery LINES and so far had some of the series printed

dotted and dashed. Now I should increase the line weight. Actually it is

working, but the lines are solid now, no longer dotted.

What am I doing wrong? Or does one function exclude the other?

Additionally, I have to increase the weight of the axis line as well. I

didn't find any according help. Is that possible at all?

Thanks for any help

Luzia Baumgartner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> In a chart I use the Gallery LINES and so far had some of the series

printed

> dotted and dashed. Now I should increase the line weight. Actually it is

> working, but the lines are solid now, no longer dotted.

Dotted lines with widths over 1 are only supported in Windows 2000 and

higher.

What OS are you running ? If you are running Windows 9x you will not be able

to get dotted lines that are thicker than one pixel. This is a limitation in

GDI.

> Additionally, I have to increase the weight of the axis line as well. I

> didn't find any according help. Is that possible at all?

If you set the Axes Style to Math or Flat Frame, the axis lines will be

drawn using the Major gridlines settings (Width, Style and Color).

--

FP

Software FX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually I'm using Windows 2000, Version 5.00.2195, Service Pack 4

greetings

Luzia

"SoftwareFX Support" <noreply@softwarefx.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

news:7WfADM4XEHA.3080@webserver3.softwarefx.com...

> > In a chart I use the Gallery LINES and so far had some of the series

> printed

> > dotted and dashed. Now I should increase the line weight. Actually it is

> > working, but the lines are solid now, no longer dotted.

>

> Dotted lines with widths over 1 are only supported in Windows 2000 and

> higher.

>

> What OS are you running ? If you are running Windows 9x you will not be

able

> to get dotted lines that are thicker than one pixel. This is a limitation

in

> GDI.

>

> > Additionally, I have to increase the weight of the axis line as well. I

> > didn't find any according help. Is that possible at all?

>

> If you set the Axes Style to Math or Flat Frame, the axis lines will be

> drawn using the Major gridlines settings (Width, Style and Color).

>

> --

> FP

> Software FX

>

>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope this will work in your environment. That is to say that our ChartFX

ist embedded in ActiveReports and alltogether in a propietary system...

Thanks in advance

Luzia

"SoftwareFX Support" <noreply@softwarefx.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

news:$TmOuOFYEHA.3152@webserver3.softwarefx.com...

> Please provide with a repro case. We are unable to duplicate this problem

in

> Windows 2K (Both Client and Server).

>

> --

> FP

> Software FX

>

>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> I hope this will work in your environment. That is to say that our ChartFX

> ist embedded in ActiveReports and alltogether in a propietary system...

Ahh ! That makes all the difference. You should have mention this before.

With the chart being contained in ActiveReports everything changes.

ActiveReprorts controls the device context in which the chart is drawn.

Can you reproduce the problem with Chart FX ? If not, I'm afraid I can not

help you here. I do not know what Active Reports do to draw the chart.

--

FP

Software FX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, I don't have the possibility to reproduce it in ChartFX, cause I don't

have it separately installed. I'll contact the company of our proprietary

system.

thanks anyway

Luzia

"SoftwareFX Support" <noreply@softwarefx.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

news:S3RJxV2YEHA.3152@webserver3.softwarefx.com...

> > I hope this will work in your environment. That is to say that our

ChartFX

> > ist embedded in ActiveReports and alltogether in a propietary system...

>

> Ahh ! That makes all the difference. You should have mention this before.

>

> With the chart being contained in ActiveReports everything changes.

> ActiveReprorts controls the device context in which the chart is drawn.

>

> Can you reproduce the problem with Chart FX ? If not, I'm afraid I can not

> help you here. I do not know what Active Reports do to draw the chart.

>

> --

> FP

> Software FX

>

>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...