Jump to content
Software FX Community

X Axis Label


User (Legacy)
 Share

Recommended Posts

You can embed CR/LF (Chr(13) + Chr(10) in ASP) to force a line break in

almost any string passed to ChartFX.

--

Regards,

JC

SoftwareFX

"Justin Stephens" <jstephens@profdata.com> wrote in message

news:vegteQtQBHA.1180@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> I have a label that exceeds the area available to display it.

>

> Is it possible to break up the label into two lines?

>

> TIA,

>

> Justin

>

>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I had tried this and I get a symbol on my label with no break.  I guess this

is one of those not almost any string passed to ChartFX.

"SoftwareFX Support" <support@softwarefx.com> wrote in message

news:x65CLwuQBHA.1180@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> You can embed CR/LF (Chr(13) + Chr(10) in ASP) to force a line break in

> almost any string passed to ChartFX.

>

> --

> Regards,

>

> JC

> SoftwareFX

> "Justin Stephens" <jstephens@profdata.com> wrote in message

> news:vegteQtQBHA.1180@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> > I have a label that exceeds the area available to display it.

> >

> > Is it possible to break up the label into two lines?

> >

> > TIA,

> >

> > Justin

> >

> >

>

>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To show CR/LF in an axis label you have to turn off the AS_SINGLELINE flag

using the Axis.Style property. We recently uploaded a sample at

http://support.softwarefx.com/cfxie , Select ASP Samples and then open the

Labels node. The sample is named "Line Breaks in Labels" and show multiple

line strings in X axis, titles and series legend window.

Regards,

JC

"Justin Stephens" <jstephens@profdata.com> wrote in message

news:knQZAiDUBHA.1276@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> I had tried this and I get a symbol on my label with no break. I guess

this

> is one of those not almost any string passed to ChartFX.

>

>

> "SoftwareFX Support" <support@softwarefx.com> wrote in message

> news:x65CLwuQBHA.1180@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> > You can embed CR/LF (Chr(13) + Chr(10) in ASP) to force a line break in

> > almost any string passed to ChartFX.

> >

> > --

> > Regards,

> >

> > JC

> > SoftwareFX

> > "Justin Stephens" <jstephens@profdata.com> wrote in message

> > news:vegteQtQBHA.1180@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> > > I have a label that exceeds the area available to display it.

> > >

> > > Is it possible to break up the label into two lines?

> > >

> > > TIA,

> > >

> > > Justin

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found the samples very helpful.

Thank you.

"SoftwareFX Support" <support@softwarefx.com> wrote in message

news:n7RVnoPUBHA.1388@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> To show CR/LF in an axis label you have to turn off the AS_SINGLELINE flag

> using the Axis.Style property. We recently uploaded a sample at

> http://support.softwarefx.com/cfxie , Select ASP Samples and then open the

> Labels node. The sample is named "Line Breaks in Labels" and show multiple

> line strings in X axis, titles and series legend window.

>

> Regards,

>

> JC

>

> "Justin Stephens" <jstephens@profdata.com> wrote in message

> news:knQZAiDUBHA.1276@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> > I had tried this and I get a symbol on my label with no break. I guess

> this

> > is one of those not almost any string passed to ChartFX.

> >

> >

> > "SoftwareFX Support" <support@softwarefx.com> wrote in message

> > news:x65CLwuQBHA.1180@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> > > You can embed CR/LF (Chr(13) + Chr(10) in ASP) to force a line break

in

> > > almost any string passed to ChartFX.

> > >

> > > --

> > > Regards,

> > >

> > > JC

> > > SoftwareFX

> > > "Justin Stephens" <jstephens@profdata.com> wrote in message

> > > news:vegteQtQBHA.1180@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

> > > > I have a label that exceeds the area available to display it.

> > > >

> > > > Is it possible to break up the label into two lines?

> > > >

> > > > TIA,

> > > >

> > > > Justin

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...