Software FX Community

Blank Charts

User (Legacy)

I have just completed an application that utilizes Chart FX Internet Server 5.5. When I installed the application and Chart FX on our production server, all of our charts are blank. I could not find any articles in the KB or in the newsgroups that addressed this issue. I did run a sample ASP page that generates a random charts, and still recieved a blank chart, so I know the problem lies within Chart FX.

Our production server is a Quad Processor Dell PowerEdge 6450 with 4G of RAM. Chart FX was installed on the production server using the same CD that was used to install it on our development server. I have even applied the latest service packs to the production server and it produces the same results.

The following ASP page was executed on both the production server and the development server.

<html>

<head>

<title>Troubleshooting the Server Component</title>

</head>

<body>

<%

Set chart = Server.CreateObject("ChartFX.WebServer")

%>

<%= chart.GetHtmlTag(500,350) %>

</body>

</html>

Here is a snapshot of the results on our production server:

Here is a snapshot of the results of the same page on our development server:

Here is a snapshot of the service pack screen that shows the version numbers of Chart FX on our production server:

The annotation Objects Extension was never able to download, however I am not utilizing any extensions in my application, and the test page provided above is obviously not using any extensions either.

Could someone please provide some input as to the cause and a solution to this problem?

Thank you,

David Dunson (MCSE)

Software Engineer

David.Dunson@se.amedd.army.mil

Try setting the third parameter of the GetHtmlTag call to "image", this will let us know if the "blank chart" issue is related to the client component or if it is a problem on the server.

--

Regards,

JC

Software FX Support

"David Dunson" <David.Dunson@se.amedd.army.mil> wrote in message news:zLqKoFyiCHA.1312@webserver1.softwarefx.com...

I have just completed an application that utilizes Chart FX Internet Server 5.5. When I installed the application and Chart FX on our production server, all of our charts are blank. I could not find any articles in the KB or in the newsgroups that addressed this issue. I did run a sample ASP page that generates a random charts, and still recieved a blank chart, so I know the problem lies within Chart FX.

Our production server is a Quad Processor Dell PowerEdge 6450 with 4G of RAM. Chart FX was installed on the production server using the same CD that was used to install it on our development server. I have even applied the latest service packs to the production server and it produces the same results.

The following ASP page was executed on both the production server and the development server.

<html>

<head>

<title>Troubleshooting the Server Component</title>

</head>

<body>

<%

Set chart = Server.CreateObject("ChartFX.WebServer")

%>

<%= chart.GetHtmlTag(500,350) %>

</body>

</html>

Here is a snapshot of the results on our production server:

Here is a snapshot of the results of the same page on our development server:

Here is a snapshot of the service pack screen that shows the version numbers of Chart FX on our production server:

The annotation Objects Extension was never able to download, however I am not utilizing any extensions in my application, and the test page provided above is obviously not using any extensions either.

Could someone please provide some input as to the cause and a solution to this problem?

Thank you,

David Dunson (MCSE)

Software Engineer

David.Dunson@se.amedd.army.mil

example.bmp

Archived