Software FX Community

3 minutes ago, Afzal said:

Hi all,

Can any one advice me, how to fix the below issue.

Colud not load a file or assembly System.Web.Mvc, version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf....

On 3/16/2010 at 4:33 PM, tlynch6 said:

When I try to open a web form that contains ChartFX version 7.0.3656.30235 I receive the error "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ChartFX.WebForms.Dhtml' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."  There must be something wrong with the installation in my application, which is using Visual Studio 2008.  I don't use the default installation that occurs out of the box, but rather register my dlls in the GAC.  Let me explain my typical installation for controls and maybe someone can tell me if I overlooked something.

1.  I have a Library project in my solution which 3rd party control dlls are stored.  I copied to a folder in this Library project the following files:  ChartFX.WebForms.Adornments.dll, ChartFX.WebForms.Adornments.xml, ChartFX.WebForms.Base.dll, ChartFX.WebForms.Data.dll, ChartFX.WebForms.Data.xml, ChartFX.WebForms.Dhtml.dll, ChartFX.WebForms.dll, ChartFX.WebForms.xml

2.  I use gacutil.exe to install each of the dlls listed above in the GAC.

3.  I add a reference to each assembly in my Web.config file located in my Web project.

<

add assembly="ChartFX.WebForms, Version=7.0.3656.30235, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1878e2052c08dce"/><add assembly="ChartFX.WebForms.Adornments, Version=7.0.3656.30200, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1878e2052c08dce"/>

<

add assembly="ChartFX.WebForms.Base, Version=7.0.3656.30187, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1878e2052c08dce"/><add assembly="ChartFX.WebForms.Data, Version=7.0.3656.30279, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1878e2052c08dce"/>

<

add assembly="ChartFX.WebForms.Dhtml, Version=7.0.3656.30215, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1878e2052c08dce"/>

4.  In my Web project's References folder I add a reference to each of the five dlls located in my Library project's folder.

5.  In my Web project's Properties folder there is a file called licenses.licx into which this line was automatically added at some point in this process: ChartFX.WebForms.Chart, ChartFX.WebForms, Version=7.0.3656.30235, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1878e2052c08dce

6.  On my aspx page I added a line to register the assembly:  <%@ Register Assembly="ChartFX.WebForms, Version=7.0.3656.30235, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1878e2052c08dce" Namespace="ChartFX.WebForms" TagPrefix="chartfx7" %>

7.  Finally, I have the chart tag on the aspx page:  <chartfx7:Chart ID="Chart1" runat="server"></chartfx7:Chart>

When I'm in design mode, developing the aspx page I can see the control rendered.  I see the context menu with all of the Chart Tasks.  So it looks good at this point.  It allows me to build and run the solution.  But when I navigate to the apx page in the web browser my application fails with the error message above. 

Any ideas what's missing?  Why can't that assembly be found?

- Tom