Jump to content
Software FX Community

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I am trying the ChartFX for .NET 6.2

I successfully added component to the toolbar and started the wizard.

Right after I click "Finish" on the wizard I get an exception:

---------------------------

Microsoft Development Environment

---------------------------

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

---------------------------

OK

---------------------------

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in software?

TIA,

Victor

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably an installation problem.

Did you install ChartFX for .NET 6.0 in the same machine ?

Can you check the versions of the following files (File Version, NOT

assembly version)

<Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.dll

<Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Internet.dll

<Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Base.dll

<Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Designer.dll

<Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Wizard.dll

Do you see a registry key related to ChartFX at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders ?

Where does it point to ?

--

Regards,

JC

Software FX Support

"Victor Irzak" <virzak@nosppam.rogers.com> wrote in message

news:PuXfi8W1DHA.3512@WEBSERVER1...

> Hello,

>

> I am trying the ChartFX for .NET 6.2

>

> I successfully added component to the toolbar and started the wizard.

> Right after I click "Finish" on the wizard I get an exception:

>

> ---------------------------

> Microsoft Development Environment

> ---------------------------

> Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

> ---------------------------

> OK

> ---------------------------

>

> Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in software?

>

> TIA,

>

> Victor

>

>

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not install version 6.0 on this machine. 6.2 is the only version on my

machine.

File Versions are:

<Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.dll

6.2.1448.28475

<Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Internet.dll 6.2.1448.28475

<Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Base.dll 6.2.1448.28428

<Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Designer.dll 6.2.1448.26703

<Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Wizard.dll 6.2.1448.26700

The registry key you specified points to C:\Program Files\ChartFX for .NET

6.2\bin

This is the same folder I used in my VS.NET toolbox.

"SoftwareFX Support" <support@softwarefx.com> wrote in message

news:R5jrOwf1DHA.3808@WEBSERVER1...

> This is probably an installation problem.

>

> Did you install ChartFX for .NET 6.0 in the same machine ?

>

> Can you check the versions of the following files (File Version, NOT

> assembly version)

> <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.dll

> <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Internet.dll

> <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Base.dll

> <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Designer.dll

> <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Wizard.dll

>

> Do you see a registry key related to ChartFX at

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders ?

> Where does it point to ?

>

> --

> Regards,

>

> JC

> Software FX Support

> "Victor Irzak" <virzak@nosppam.rogers.com> wrote in message

> news:PuXfi8W1DHA.3512@WEBSERVER1...

> > Hello,

> >

> > I am trying the ChartFX for .NET 6.2

> >

> > I successfully added component to the toolbar and started the wizard.

> > Right after I click "Finish" on the wizard I get an exception:

> >

> > ---------------------------

> > Microsoft Development Environment

> > ---------------------------

> > Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

> > ---------------------------

> > OK

> > ---------------------------

> >

> > Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in software?

> >

> > TIA,

> >

> > Victor

> >

> >

>

>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok,

I just discovered something...

I place a graph on the form and get the wizard.If I press Finish, I get the

exception. If I press Cancel I get the graph.

Is it supposed to work like this?

I am using the trial version, by the way.

Victor

"SoftwareFX Support" <support@softwarefx.com> wrote in message

news:R5jrOwf1DHA.3808@WEBSERVER1...

> This is probably an installation problem.

>

> Did you install ChartFX for .NET 6.0 in the same machine ?

>

> Can you check the versions of the following files (File Version, NOT

> assembly version)

> <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.dll

> <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Internet.dll

> <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Base.dll

> <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Designer.dll

> <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Wizard.dll

>

> Do you see a registry key related to ChartFX at

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders ?

> Where does it point to ?

>

> --

> Regards,

>

> JC

> Software FX Support

> "Victor Irzak" <virzak@nosppam.rogers.com> wrote in message

> news:PuXfi8W1DHA.3512@WEBSERVER1...

> > Hello,

> >

> > I am trying the ChartFX for .NET 6.2

> >

> > I successfully added component to the toolbar and started the wizard.

> > Right after I click "Finish" on the wizard I get an exception:

> >

> > ---------------------------

> > Microsoft Development Environment

> > ---------------------------

> > Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

> > ---------------------------

> > OK

> > ---------------------------

> >

> > Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in software?

> >

> > TIA,

> >

> > Victor

> >

> >

>

>

Link to post
Share on other sites

No. It is not supposed to work like this. Clicking Finish in the Wizard

should give you a default chart.

Do you also get the exception if you follow the steps in the Wizard ?

--

Regards,

JC

Software FX Support

"Victor Irzak" <virzak@nosppam.rogers.com> wrote in message

news:E9HxGWg1DHA.3808@WEBSERVER1...

> Ok,

>

> I just discovered something...

>

> I place a graph on the form and get the wizard.If I press Finish, I get

the

> exception. If I press Cancel I get the graph.

> Is it supposed to work like this?

> I am using the trial version, by the way.

>

> Victor

>

>

> "SoftwareFX Support" <support@softwarefx.com> wrote in message

> news:R5jrOwf1DHA.3808@WEBSERVER1...

> > This is probably an installation problem.

> >

> > Did you install ChartFX for .NET 6.0 in the same machine ?

> >

> > Can you check the versions of the following files (File Version, NOT

> > assembly version)

> > <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.dll

> > <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Internet.dll

> > <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Base.dll

> > <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Designer.dll

> > <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Wizard.dll

> >

> > Do you see a registry key related to ChartFX at

> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders ?

> > Where does it point to ?

> >

> > --

> > Regards,

> >

> > JC

> > Software FX Support

> > "Victor Irzak" <virzak@nosppam.rogers.com> wrote in message

> > news:PuXfi8W1DHA.3512@WEBSERVER1...

> > > Hello,

> > >

> > > I am trying the ChartFX for .NET 6.2

> > >

> > > I successfully added component to the toolbar and started the wizard.

> > > Right after I click "Finish" on the wizard I get an exception:

> > >

> > > ---------------------------

> > > Microsoft Development Environment

> > > ---------------------------

> > > Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

> > > ---------------------------

> > > OK

> > > ---------------------------

> > >

> > > Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in software?

> > >

> > > TIA,

> > >

> > > Victor

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes,

I get the exception even if I go through all the steps

"SoftwareFX Support" <support@softwarefx.com> wrote in message

news:FH2EKXh1DHA.3512@WEBSERVER1...

> No. It is not supposed to work like this. Clicking Finish in the Wizard

> should give you a default chart.

>

> Do you also get the exception if you follow the steps in the Wizard ?

>

> --

> Regards,

>

> JC

> Software FX Support

> "Victor Irzak" <virzak@nosppam.rogers.com> wrote in message

> news:E9HxGWg1DHA.3808@WEBSERVER1...

> > Ok,

> >

> > I just discovered something...

> >

> > I place a graph on the form and get the wizard.If I press Finish, I get

> the

> > exception. If I press Cancel I get the graph.

> > Is it supposed to work like this?

> > I am using the trial version, by the way.

> >

> > Victor

> >

> >

> > "SoftwareFX Support" <support@softwarefx.com> wrote in message

> > news:R5jrOwf1DHA.3808@WEBSERVER1...

> > > This is probably an installation problem.

> > >

> > > Did you install ChartFX for .NET 6.0 in the same machine ?

> > >

> > > Can you check the versions of the following files (File Version, NOT

> > > assembly version)

> > > <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.dll

> > > <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Internet.dll

> > > <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Base.dll

> > > <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Designer.dll

> > > <Program Files\ChartFX>\Bin\ChartFX.Wizard.dll

> > >

> > > Do you see a registry key related to ChartFX at

> > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders ?

> > > Where does it point to ?

> > >

> > > --

> > > Regards,

> > >

> > > JC

> > > Software FX Support

> > > "Victor Irzak" <virzak@nosppam.rogers.com> wrote in message

> > > news:PuXfi8W1DHA.3512@WEBSERVER1...

> > > > Hello,

> > > >

> > > > I am trying the ChartFX for .NET 6.2

> > > >

> > > > I successfully added component to the toolbar and started the

wizard.

> > > > Right after I click "Finish" on the wizard I get an exception:

> > > >

> > > > ---------------------------

> > > > Microsoft Development Environment

> > > > ---------------------------

> > > > Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

> > > > ---------------------------

> > > > OK

> > > > ---------------------------

> > > >

> > > > Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in software?

> > > >

> > > > TIA,

> > > >

> > > > Victor

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are unable to reproduce this problem.

Many users have downloaded this version and can do what you are describing

without any problem. Since it is a design-time issue I don't see anything

that you can send us that will help us determine what the problem is.

What version of Visual Studio / .NET Framework are you using ?

Here are some suggestions:

1) Install all available Visual Studio Service Packs

2) Uninstall Chart FX

3) Check your hard drive for copies of any of the Chart FX DLLs and delete

them.

4) Re-Download Chart FX.

5) Re-Install Chart FX.

--

FP

Software FX, Inc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Versions are:

Visual Studio : 7.0.9466

.NET Framework : 7.0.3705

I also found out that this problem doesn't occur with Visual Studio 2003

(build 7.1.3088) and .NET Framework 1.1.4322

"SoftwareFX Support" <support@softwarefx.com> wrote in message

news:aa1s4zs1DHA.3072@WEBSERVER1...

> We are unable to reproduce this problem.

>

> Many users have downloaded this version and can do what you are describing

> without any problem. Since it is a design-time issue I don't see anything

> that you can send us that will help us determine what the problem is.

>

> What version of Visual Studio / .NET Framework are you using ?

>

> Here are some suggestions:

>

> 1) Install all available Visual Studio Service Packs

>

> 2) Uninstall Chart FX

>

> 3) Check your hard drive for copies of any of the Chart FX DLLs and delete

> them.

>

> 4) Re-Download Chart FX.

>

> 5) Re-Install Chart FX.

>

>

> --

> FP

> Software FX, Inc.

>

>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...