Software FX Community

ChartFX compatible with .NET 4.5?

RetroMan

Hello, Our IT department recently pushed .NET 4.5 to many users at my company, and now ChartFX is not rendering for any of them in our web app.

The charts display this error message: "Chart FX: .NET Active client requires Internet Explorer and .NET Framework 2.0 or greater installed on the client computer."

Obviously 4.5 is greater than 2.0, so I have to assume ChartFX does not support .NET 4.5. Is this the case? I can hardly find anything in my searches related to ChartFX and .NET 4.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello RetroMan,

First of all I would like to apologize for the issues you are experiencing while using our component with the latest version of .NET. Please know that we do take these matters very seriously and with the help of Varun Gupta we were able to pin point the issue.

As designed by Microsoft, .NET browser hosting controls are not allowed once .NET 4.5 is installed on a machine. This is done for security reasons and applies to every .NET control. Software FX has no control over the new restriction.

Varun has pointed us to a link that explains compatibility in the .NET Framework 4.5: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh367887.aspx. As you can see from the link, the previous behavior can still be obtained by modifying a key in the registry. We have tested the workaround and found it to fix the issue. Don