Software FX Community

Labels being cut off on chart

Mick

Hello,

I cannot find my original post, so forgive me if this has already been answered.

When I make a pie chart, once labels reach a certain size, it decides to cut off labels instead of making the pie smaller. Is there a way to prevent this behavior? I have added the ability for the user to have a "..." if the label gets too large, but this doesn't always work with ChartFX.

Example here: here. I would post the code, but it seems simple and the forums seem to have changed to disallow code since I last visited.

What can I do to change this behavior?

Thank you,

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way I can get around this "cut off" behavior?

I can't post my code here because the forum doesn't allow it, even in plain text (I guess it is too long).

Do I need to send my code for this issue to be reproduced or is the image I posted above enough to understand what is going on?

There is a property that specifies the minimum size used for the plotarea in this situations (chart.PlotArea.MinSize), the default is 50 (50%) note that if you use smaller values (or longer labels) you might get to a situation where the labels are visible but the space allocated for the pie itself is too small.

You can also consider alternate strategies such as changing the chart's default style from glass to basic, changing the font size, etc.

Regards,

JuanC