Software FX Community

How do I change the Z-order of series in a Stacked Chart

Mick

I want to be able to change the Z order of my stacked area charts.

This code produces a stacked chart:

Chart chart = new Chart { Gallery = Gallery.Area };   chart.AllSeries.StackedStyle = StackedStyle.Normal;   SeriesAttributes front = new SeriesAttributes { Content = "front", ItemsSource = new double[] { 1, 2, 1 } };   SeriesAttributes back = new SeriesAttributes { Content = "back", ItemsSource = new double[] { 2, -3, 2 } };   chart.Series.Add(front);   chart.Series.Add(back);...

How do I move the series labeled 'front" so that it's closer (higher z-order) to the user while maintaining the same placement (x, y values) for both series?

Note that in an stacked area chart the series are drawn from bottom to top, i.e. the first series is draw first from 0 to the series values, then the second series is drawn from the previous series values.

We do not have an API that allows you to change this order (or the Z order if we were talking about a non-stacked) chart so you will have to change the order in which you add the series to the chart.

JuanC