Software FX Community

continuous mouse selection after rebinding

ron.kagan

Hello.

My object is to achieve continuous mouse selection.

I am working with a data table with a CrosstabTransform. on the data_bound event, i am starting a mouse selection operation using

chart1.Selection.StartMouseSelection(new MouseSelectionHandler(OnEndSelection), null);

on the OnEndSelection I remove some rows from the data table and rebind the data table to the chart again, where (again) in the data_bound event i am starting another point selection operation. the issue is that in that second time there is no mouse selection visible. this behavior is consistent and recreated each time.

Any ideas ?

another issue related to mouse selection.

I am working with actipro docking , and hosting the chartFX inside mdi (tabs)

when i first open a new tab item with a chart, the mouse selection is not working at all, and only after i open another tab and then go back to the first tab, i can select point with the mouse.

Can you think of anything i can try to do to fix this issue ?

We have uploaded a new build 3833 that should fix these issues, you can download here (make sure you run IE as administrator if UAC is enabled in your machine)

About the actipro docking issue, if the bug persists after upgrading to 3833 please send us a sample executable that uses a dummy chart in a similar way as the way you do it in your real app.

JuanC

About the issue not being fixed: Can you duplicate the issue in a sample app without using Actipro docking? Did you check the bin folder of your app to make sure the hotfix got properly installed?

In our tests we can continue mouse selection.

About cancelling the operation if the user has not pressed the mouse in the chart you should be able to set the Zoom.Mode to Off.

JuanC

Hi there.

I have noticed that if i select an empty area (no markers), the continuous selection will not work. something is changing the zoom mode to off or something. I could not trace it as it happens in your dll code. Could you check this also and provide a hot-fix if possible ?

One thing I have noticed, is that if a mouse selection has started, any mouse interaction like tool-tips, moving the scroll-bars when zoomed is disabled.

I find this behavior limiting since I'm trying to achieve continous zooming (select a zoom area, and on the scroll view changed start another zoom selection so i won't need to click on a button to start each zoom selection). when this is the case, I cannot interact with the scroll-bars.

Hello there. another issue i'm having with mouse interaction , is working with two chart elements on the same container. I need two chart elements (not two panes but two instances of the chart object) that will both be interactive. when i set mouse selection on the first chart and then on the second , IT will not be available on the second chart.

I need an option to zoom on the 1st chart, and while viewing it zoomed , start a mouse selection on the other one.

Is this possible ?

>> About disabling interaction while zooming

Although it is relatively easy for us to add a flag to change that behavior we will need to test this as both actions (zooming and other actions) might negatively interfere with each other

>> About the two charts

Zooming on both charts should be completely independent, make sure you use the proper chart object on your event handlers (OnBound, OnEndSelection)

JuanC