Software FX Community

Hiding the series using the legend box on stacked chart

octa

I'm hiding series using the legend box like described here: http://community.softwarefx.com/blogs/wpf/archive/2009/05/28/hiding-series-using-the-legend-box.aspx and it works great for most charts. But when using stacked charts or stacked 100% removing series through the legend box seems to set the autoscale of the chart wrong. Not acounting for the highest stacked value anymore. It doesn't matter if I add back the series I removed. Is there a way around this? Let me know if I should provide more information.

Thanks,

Dan

We have fixed this issue in hotfix build 3812 which can be downloaded here (make sure you run IE as an Administrator if UAC is enabled).

Please note that we treat Series.Visibility Hidden and Collapsed differently, in a non-stacked chart, setting a series to be Hidden will hide the series markers (bars, lines, etc.) but the series will affect the axis scaling while setting the visibility to collapsed will result in a recalculation of the axis scale as the series will not affect the scale anymore.

In a stacked chart, you should use Collapsed (change the FalseVisibility attribute for the VisibilityToBooleanConverter tag in your XAML)

Regards,

JuanC

• 2 weeks later...

We have fixed this issue in hotfix build 3812 which can be downloaded here (make sure you run IE as an Administrator if UAC is enabled).

Are there any other fixes included in this hotfix?  Would be really useful to know such things, rather than arbitary upgrades to see if an experienced issue has been cleared / found at all.

Thanks

Paul

Once again no responce to a request fro details of fixes - on the ChartFX for WPF support page, the current version is listed as 8.0.3581.26941

Can anyone give information on what this build addresses and when thes wil be incorporated into an officeial release (rather than a hotfix)?

Thanks

post-7591-1392241629899_thumb.png

Unfortunately we do not have at the moment a way to expose in detail the fixes we have included in a specific hotfix, this is something we want to provide in the future.

We have fixed several issues since build 3581 (October 2009) and added a couple of new features, if you send us an email and point to this thread we can provide an informal document outlining the changes.

We normally release a new "service pack" depending on severity of issues, compatibility with new products, etc. I would expect a new ChartFX for WPF service pack in a a month or 2.

JuanC