Software FX Community

axis events

MikeK

Right now the only event I see for an axis is MouseClick.  Is there any way to determine MouseEnter, MouseLeave and right click on an axis?

Also, the MouseClick Event does not include the Axis Title.  Is  there a way to attach events to the axis title? 

Thank you,

Michael

The main reason for the lack of events is that the axis itself is not a visual (e.g. a chart with vertical panes sharing the same Y axis will have 2 visuals depicting the same axis).

Can you explain what is your scenario? This might help us find out if there is a better way to support the functionality you want to build.

JuanC

Thank you for your reply.  I would like to implement functionality where if the user mouses over an axis or axis label it will be highlighted and then if the click on the axis or the label I can fire an event to an edit screen (I can already do this for the axis).  I was also considering adding the ability if there are multiple y-axes to drag and drop them from the left side to the right and vise versa.

Thank you,

Michael